Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece cleaning and care

Aurory

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!

Recently i've been considering getting a c&c cage as the store bought one is very small and enclosed and my piggies are not getting enough room but my mum has her concerns about the care of fleece since my pigs Sonic and Ziggy like to leave lots of little presents and soak the newspaper and shavings. I would greatly appreciate some care tips and instructions on how to care for the fleece bedding and how to keep it clean daily.

All and any suggestions are greatly appreciated

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You will need something absorbent under the fleece for the urine to soak down into and away from the piggies. I use uhaul pads, but have also used doubled over towels (they seem to be a bit stinkier) some people use wood pellets as well.
I have a little hand held vacuum that I suck up poos once or twice a day. Once a week I do a complete change, wash the fleece and pads. I have around 20 different fleece and two changes of uhaul pads. When you first get your uhaul and fleece you will want to wash three time and dry. Test the fleece to see if it will "wick" the urine away by placing drops of water on the top. If it soaks through its ready to use, if it beads on top, wash again. CAM00110.jpg Heres a pic. Its on a sheet of vinyl from lowes, then towels (when I used them) and fleece on top.
I love fleece as it is fun to switch around patterns and holidays and I find easier to keep clean than shavings or such. Good luck. Try different things and see what works best for your situation.

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
I have a mini broom and a dust pan that I use to sweep up the poop and soiled hay

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!

Recently i've been considering getting a c&c cage as the store bought one is very small and enclosed and my piggies are not getting enough room but my mum has her concerns about the care of fleece since my pigs Sonic and Ziggy like to leave lots of little presents and soak the newspaper and shavings. I would greatly appreciate some care tips and instructions on how to care for the fleece bedding and how to keep it clean daily.

All and any suggestions are greatly appreciated

You should read this thread, I found it helpful.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/21568-The-Fleece-Project-The-Study

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.