Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Is this cage good for rats?

GuineaPigParty

Cavy Slave
Size-wise, it's great. The only concern I can see is the bar spacing. One inch bar spacing is good for bigger adult rats, but smaller rats may be able to slip out.

How big do you think the rats would have to be so they don't slip out?

GuineaPigParty

Cavy Slave
Alright thanks for the help. :)

pigger123

Cavy Slave
I agree that the bar spacing might be an issue, but a critter nation would be perfect!

GuineaPigParty

Cavy Slave
Will the double Decker Critter Nation cage work? Or the single level?

GuineaPigParty

Cavy Slave
How long does it take to clean? Sorry If I am asking so many questions... I am really new to all of this stuff.

dani_starr

Cavy Slave
I second the critter nation cage. Price wise, a double critter nation is very comparable to the cage you originally posted. Here's one from Wayfair with FREE SHIPPING

(broken link removed)

for only $217. I've never had a critter nation cage personally, but my friend did for her rats, and they are AMAZING. Cleaning is a breeze because of the double doors that fully open, giving you access to the entire cage. I had the SuperPet Ferret Home (the purple one with green tunnels/platforms) and spent 3 hours putting chicken wire on it (slicing my fingers/hands multiple times) for my girls. It was a pain to clean and incredibly hard to put toys/hammocks in, as there is only a small opening.

I was incredibly jealous of her critter nation. I would go with a double, as rats LOVE to climb and a larger cage is easier to clean in my opinion, as it takes 2x as long to get dirty, especially if you litter train your ratters :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.