Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts

Re: Just Switched to Fleece

I find that sometimes pea leaks through the towels I would put newspapor or puppy pads underneath.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Ok so I have a question, I use like dry wood shavings at the bottom of there cage. Is it ok to just put maybe a couple towels and then a fleece blanket down instead of the wood shavings? And then maybe put like a little box with wood shavings in it off in the corner and hope that they go to the bathroom in that? (We can always hope!)
    Thanks
    Amanda

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

i don't use towels bc the towels hold the pee odor in. I simply use layers of newspaper and the fleece. I did use puppy pads for a bit but that stunk too. My parent's get the newspaper every day of the week so I go there once a week and get their read newspapers. So I spend virtually nothing on bedding. I do buy carefresh to line my high back litter pans I put hay in. Very, very cheap!

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

I have just found that wood shavings are a major pain, and we have crappy carpet so it is a big pain to vacum off the floor. What is carefresh?

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator Ly&Pigs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    5,440 Rec'd/1,918 Posts

Carefresh is a recycled paper bedding product. There is a generic called Critter Care that is available at Wal-Mart. You don't want to use any type of wood shavings with fleece because the shaving stick to fleece pretty bad, worse than hay does.

I don't like towels under fleece either. I do love my mattress pads though.

Quote Originally Posted by slap_maxwell
    Try Ly's cavy caves, they look like they stay open nicely.
    Pinny Gigs just put in an order for 2 of them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/46 Posts

Fleece/towels are fine to use, a lot of members here use them. Unfortunetily wood shavings stick horribly to both, so best to use wood pellets/Yesterday's News bedding for the litter box. Carefresh works, too.

Carefresh is a recycled paper bedding. It is gray and clumpy in texture. Sometimes it can get dusty, but otherwise it is an awesome bedding, however it is expensive as heck.

http://www.carefresh.ca/home.html

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

heya gang i am new to this site and looking for all kinds of info i was thinking of sitching to fleece for my piggies and was wondering do any of you have problems with your piggies peeing in there houses i have 2 hiding spots for my pigs 1 is there house 2 under the second floor that is packed full of hay they love it under there digging through all the hay but when i clean the cage those are the 2 spots they use as bathrooms all the time i thought it was wierd that they poop and pee where they lay down and sleep this seems like it would be a major problem if i use fleece just laying in a soaked fleece of course i would keep an area of the cage with out fleece so they can still have there hay tunnel fun area any ideas for me though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts

PIggies will have a toilet wherever they feel safe and they have practically no control over their bowel.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

I've also just switched to fleece, Pinny Gigs, and I think it works excellently compared to woodshavings. It looks, and smells so much claner, in my opinion. Though I have to wash it like every 3 days, but it's worth it. I love the pattern on your fleece, by the way

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator Ly&Pigs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    5,440 Rec'd/1,918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ynkydodle3
    heya gang i am new to this site and looking for all kinds of info i was thinking of sitching to fleece for my piggies and was wondering do any of you have problems with your piggies peeing in there houses i have 2 hiding spots for my pigs 1 is there house 2 under the second floor that is packed full of hay they love it under there digging through all the hay but when i clean the cage those are the 2 spots they use as bathrooms all the time i thought it was wierd that they poop and pee where they lay down and sleep this seems like it would be a major problem if i use fleece just laying in a soaked fleece of course i would keep an area of the cage with out fleece so they can still have there hay tunnel fun area any ideas for me though
    What the heck is this, it's one giant run on sentence that I can't for the life of me read. Please read this link ynkydodle3 http://cavycages.com/forum/announcem...nouncementid=7 and post properly making actual sentences and using capitalization and punctuation.

User Tag List