Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggie owner and lovin' it!

Piggie Pal 1

Cavy Slave
:) Hello! Just got our piggie, Cosmo, about a week ago. She is a black and white short hair, not quite 3 months old. We got her from a family who rescued two pregnant females and needed forever homes for their adorables! (We don't have piggies in our local shelter and the nearest was at least 2 hours away - not a good option for our older vehicles, so I feel very fortunate to have found her only an hour away!)

Anyway, we are in the process of getting to know each other! The family she came from handled her daily (7 children!) so she will take treats from our hand, but isn't settled enough for much lap time yet. She LOVES floor time, however! If you are interested in seeing her in action or looking at our cage (though we have tweaked it since posting), I have a couple of videos on YouTube under Piggie Pal... (I hope that was ok to post here!!)

We are loving having a new family member!! Such joy!

Attachments

8.12.14 004.jpg

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Why didnt you get two? Guinea pigs do better in pairs.

Piggie Pal 1

Cavy Slave
Hi and thanks! I'm still hopeful to get two (Cosmo had a sister who still needed a family) but right now hubby will only allow one. I'm hoping he'll fall in love with her as we did and ok another! lol (In the meantime, since we homeschool, we are at home all the time to give her lots of love...)

p.s. Please wish me luck with the second!!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Ahh I'm sure he will guinea pigs are like potato chips you can't stop at just one :). Good luck with your new family member. This forum is full of some great information.

janinehunt

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That is one gorgeous pig! Explain to your husband that you and your family, even though you are home a lot, can never provide the kind of relationship and comfort that a piggy has with one of its own kind. Good luck!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I know something that might be helpful in explaining why a friend would be needed. Think of it as being abducted by aliens :)

Piggie Pal 1

Cavy Slave
Thank you janinehunt! Though we didn't pick her because of her looks, I do think she's pretty. I'm so pleased that she seems to be in great health - her coat is very shiny and eyes bright!

I plan to make hubby aware of that... timing must be right. :D Who knows? I have another son's birthday coming up... (wink!) Seriously, I think part of his hesitation is making sure she isn't pregnant (he had one years ago and surprise! He doesn't want that to happen again.)

Piggie Pal 1

Cavy Slave
Starthecavy123:

You're hilarious! I love your potato chip analogy...

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I actually heard someone else use it just can't remember who :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.