Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just Found This Site, Wish I Had A Lot Sooner (My GP Story)

abbysguineas

Cavy Gazer
Let me introduce myself. I am Abby, the proud owner of one Tricolored Guinea Pig.

I purchased my Guinea Pig, or Guinea Pigs I should say, on November 21. I purchased Pumpkin and Luna from a fifteen year old girl who was starting to work and no longer had the time to provide for their needs anymore. I walked out with two guinea pigs, one huge cage (as far as pet store cages go), a smaller back-up cage, an outdoor cage, an igloo, chew toys (that I threw away because they were unsafe), a carrier, a bag of hay, pellets, two water bottles, nail clippers, shampoo, and bedding. I also walked out 40 bucks lighter. If anyone would ask me, I would say that it is, was, and always will be money well spent.

However, despite the note that the girl gave me when I purchased the collection of guinea pig items that read- and I quote- "Luna might look and act like she is sick, but she is not, it is just her personality," Luna sadly passed away a week later.

Two days ago I was looking up where to buy another cage, because Pumpkin loves the cage to death ... And it shows, when I stumbled into this site. She is still in her store-bought cage, but I am drawing plans, and looking forward to our first c&c cage, and being in a "guinea pig community" with other crazy guinea pig people. ( I say that in a good, respectful way)

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry for your loss, that girl should have done something.
I'm glad you found this site and you're starting to plan a C&C cage!
I would say we're all crazy piggie lovers on here! We're here to help with any questions you have too!
Good luck with your cage and guinea pig!

skittles3024

Cavy Slave
That's amazing that you adopted the two girls :) they are lucky to have found you. I am sorry about Luna :-| maybe you will be able to find Pumpkin a new friend. Welcome to the forum :) I would love to see pics of Pumpkin

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum! We'd love to see a pigture of Pumpkin if you get a chance. She will be so excited to get a bigger cage, I know my Ferb was.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.