Thanks
    Thanks
    5 Rec'd/5 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Re: dog safety advice!?

I had already planned to get a lid but I didn't know if I should get one for the loft as well... And you guys seem to not word your opinions very well... Now please don't reply I'm finished with this thread I do not want to reply anymore

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner MrWhistles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    764 Rec'd/556 Posts
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Quoted
    827 Post(s)
    Items for Sale
    Management management management!
    Please don't shout or do anything that would startle your dog. Doing so will instill fear of you. And that's not what you want.
    I recommend blocking all access from your room and putting a lid on the cage as extra protection should you or someone else accidentally leave the door open.
    If you're willing to set aside 10 mins everyday, yes every single day, then I can give you basic instructions on encouraging behaviors you want. Encouraging these behaviors and distracting your dog from the pigs will entinquish the behaviors you don't want.
    @guineapigmama14
    I'm sorry you're feeling attacked. This forum has a very passionate feel about guinea pigs and often have issues in politely giving advice and listening(err reading). Thus part the reason why I started to distance myself from this forum. Folks get passionate and I started to develop this same behavior. It made a lot of people feel upset and I didn't like upseting people when I'm trying to EDUCATE them.
    Mr. Whistles - Adopted Dec 21 2008 - Passed August 2012, unknown causes
    Little Lady - Adopted August 2012
    Brave Korra - Adopted August 2012 - Passed March 2013, Post-op surgery complications to remove a bladder stone
    Sweet Pea AKA Sweetie - Adopted October 2013 - Passed September 2014, Vitamin C absorption disorder.
    Sugar - Adopted January 2014

User Tag List