Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sweet Dreams, my Dearest Joey

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
image.jpgIt is with a horribly aching heart that I announce that my baby, Joey, passed away in his sleep on Tuesday night. He was just over 8 years old. He had his molars trimmed on Monday evening, and although he had started to recover well from the procedure, his little old body just wasn't able to rally and he slipped away from us. I feel absolutely horrible- I have been away since saturday, and will not be home until this upcoming Saturday. My wonderful aunt stayed in the house and gave him the best possible care; she is a phenomenal critical care nurse and I have no doubt that she did absolutely everything that she could have for him, but a part of me still feels such guilt that I wasn't with him in the end. She says that he looked very peaceful when she found him this morning. She firmly believes that it was meant to be this way, that he wanted me to remember him healthy and well, and that he knew she could give him what he needed in my place. I fiercely hope that this is true.

My Joey was truly a special character. He charmed everyone that met him, and he was so spunky and full of life. He was a rescue; I adopted him from a shelter when he was around 1.5 years old, and in those short 1.5 years he had already been to 6 'homes' including the shelter, a pet store, and various houses, before he found his forever home with me.

It is amazing how such a little animal can have such an impact on your life, and truly become a member of the family. I miss him terribly, and would give anything to hold him just one more time. I feel so blessed to have been lucky enough to have him touch my life like he did, and I am grateful for all of the years that I was fortunate enough to share with him.

Goodnight my lovely Joey, my little rockstar. I know that you are up in heaven with Louie now, running around and eating lettuce and broccoli to your heart's content. Thank you for all of the wonderful years that you filled my life with, I love you so much.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Aww I'm very sorry for your loss R.I.P little one

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss of Sweet Joey. He was a beautiful pig and you obviously gave him the best forever home and care he could possibly dream of.

LucidCavies

Cavy Slave
I truly believe in a rainbow bridge, and I truly believe little joey is eating his heart out in veggies up there.
I am so sorry for your loss. He is a handsome boy and I know you and your aunt gave him the best care possible. I'll keep you in my prayers.

much love,
Cheyenne and Asher the piggie

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. :(

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Thank you all. This is the tough part about having pets, their loss is just awful when they have been so special to you for so long.

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I am sooo sorry for your loss. He was a gorgeous pig and he had the MOST WONDERFUL life with you. He knew true love and is smiling down on you.

Don't feel guilty. I believe your Aunt as well. Remember the good times, the smiles he brought. I had my little Peanut Butter cremated and she is here with me, a picture beside her little cherry box and the lock of hair and paw print they saved for me.

Rock on dear little Joey!!

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss.

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I went out this evening and this is what I found....RIP Joey

CAM00875.jpg

NikkisPigs

Cavy Slave
I am very sorry for your loss. He sounds very special. :hug:

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I am very sorry for your loss, Joey had a great life with you and was a gorgeous boy. RIP little Joey.

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Thank you, @daisy1cow. That really brought a smile to my face.

rebrandynora

Cavy Slave
Oh, I'm so sorry! I know how deep the loss of such a small creature can cause. They really leave a big empty space for such little things! Do some nice things for yourself today. Get a nice candle to light, a nice soothing tea to drink. He had a good long life.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.