Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I got to see the delivery!!

LiloDFC

Cavy Slave
I was about to take a nap with my husband but decided I had too much to do, so I decided to stay up. Low and behold Sunny started labor! She was acting kinda suspicious, there's a piece of fleece that the pigs like to crawl under but usually they just lay there and don't move around much. Sunny was movin around and stuff so I checked and there she was with a new pup!

I already have a couple pictures, she's got 2 atm, not sure if she's done yet but I think so. She's got a black and white that came first, then a little brown one, it doesn't seem to be doing as well as the b/w. Kinda reminds me of Bridget's little Hope =(

I'm going to let them be for a bit let momma get cleanin her babies. Here are a few pics I got of them already.

Bridget and Lucy came to investigate...

Little Brownie was born...

Black n White pup in the house...

piggiepigs
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

ilovemykisses

Cavy Slave
Brownie is so precious!! I hope the black and white pup will be okay! Congrats on your new grandpiggies :)

LiloDFC

Cavy Slave
Brownie seems to be doing better, but I keep finding her outside of the house, feeling kinda cold =/ She does obviously move around a lot so I'm hoping she's going to be just fine. I'm just a little nervous since Bridget had 4 babies and the smallest didn't make it, but after a few hours that little one still wasn't moving, keeping my fingers crossed for sure though, lol

ilovemykisses

Cavy Slave
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too. :) I've never had a baby piggie before... is it safe to put a little blankie in for them in a corner somewhere.. for them to keep warm? Or is this the time they spend clinging to their mother for warmth?

I hope they will all be fine.

Keep us posted, Lilo :)

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Congrats! lol Why can't you put a heating pad under the cage area where the babies are and keep them 'locked up' so to speak. Mom can get in but babies not out? That is a good math question!

iLoveDusty

Cavy Slave
Oh My! congratz! They are so cute!

Leah GPO

Cavy Slave
Great pics! I love your little pups! I can not believe it has been 3 weeks since we had a litter. They grow so fast. We took the boys out today and put in their own new cage since they were starting to act interested in the mom. Whew at the wheeking that has been going on!
Congrats and good luck. Kisses for the new babes from me.......

smoot

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your babies! You're so lucky that so got to witness the birth. My Peanut had hers when no one was around. I think I would have passed out if I was there, though!

JennG

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new arrival. Make sure you baby proof the cage because she/he will be able to fit through the opening for awhile. Also, your white piggie looks exactly like my Snowball.

Marlania

Cavy Slave
Awwwww! How sweet!

LiloDFC

Cavy Slave
Babies are doing great! I think little Brownie needs a name change to Lilac, she is just beautiful! Being all wet she looked brown, but it's a purplish brown color so I'd guess it's a dark Lilac, I'll get some more pictures up tomorrow, light isn't so good in here at night. I put a piece of fleece under the house since they seem to like being in there, then I put another small piece for them to kinda snuggle under, they are doing awesome.
I just got my new piece of coroplast in there after she had her pups so it's got 6 inch sides all around so they're safe, I was planning on gettin it in there this morning but got side tracked, lol. Had to hurry after she had them since the sides were only 2 1/2 inches high before.

More pics to come tomorrow =)

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Congrats! I'm glad everything went OK and that mom and pups are doing well! Little Brownie/Lilac is adorable - those tiny pink feet are irresistable!

CavyCrew

Cavy Slave
wow how amazing to actually see it!! so glad everyones doing ok - they are gorgeous !

LiloDFC

Cavy Slave
here they are, beautiful and dry

You can tell the size difference here, b/w is 112g(4oz)and Lilac is 54g(3oz)

Neat coloring on mister b/w

Does she look Lilac to you? She started falling asleep in my hand =)

Sorry the light isn't so good for my pics, I have a digital camcorder so it doesn't have a flash, hopefully I'll be gettin a flash camera for my birthday. Still got a couple months for that though

LiloDFC

Cavy Slave
Couldn't resist a couple face shots ;)

LiloDFC

Cavy Slave
just wanted to bump this to ask if anyone thinks this color is lilac?

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Don't know enough to comment on Lilac but the pattern on Mister B/W is fabulous! Adorable faces. Awww.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
She looks like she has a bit of a lilac tinge. She's so beautiful, the both are! Little cutie fallin' asleep in your hand! Too adorable! Are they full of energy? Does the B/W one have blue eyes?

CavyAddict

Cavy Slave
WOW, its amazing what different an ounce makes. They are both beautiful, will you be keeping them both?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.