Thanks
    Thanks
    208 Rec'd/157 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Slight pink thing under eye

Hello all! My guinea pig Bird, who is almost two years old, has always had kind of droopy eyes. Since he was an adolescent I'd say you could always see just a hint of pink under his eye. The vet saw it once and did not think it was a problem. However it has gotten more prominent and I'm wondering if I should bring him back to the vet or if it is normal. I have an appointment to bring my other pig to the vet next Friday so I can just arrange for both of them to go, it's just a pain since they won't get along enough to travel in the same carrier. Has anyone seen this before? Looking at photos it didn't seem like pea eye but maybe it could be? Any advice is welcome, and thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birdseye.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	66937

Thanks
    Thanks
    67 Rec'd/52 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Re: Slight pink thing under eye

Im thinking pea eye... But im no vet and im just saying this off of seeing a few different cases of pea eye

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,345 Rec'd/5,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    2052 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3944 Post(s)

Take a look at this link and see if anything seems like it fits: http://www.guinealynx.info/eyes.html. I don't think it's pea eye. But it doesn't look like an infection or an injury, so you don't need an emergency trip to the vet.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Agrimony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    208 Rec'd/157 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

I looked at that link as well, and the closest description I thought it could possibly be was "cherry eye" but I don't know if it fits right either. I did a google image search and did not see anything that looked quite like Bird's eye. I agree I don't think it's an infection or injury as it seems as though he's had it most his life it just seems to be progressively getting more prominent. It doesn't seem to bother him at all either.

User Tag List