Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hiding Best hidey recommendations?

Red5Iam

Cavy Slave
So I've made a variety of fleece things for my girls, tunnels, cuddle sacks, etc. But, they don't really like to hide in them so much as on top of them. Which is fine for me, once they get soiled they are easy to wash and switch out. However, they love having the plastic pigloos. I don't love them. They take up a lot of space and I feel like they just... aren't very good.

I really want to try the little foot stool ones, which I would have to put fleece between the legs like a fleece forest because Brienne would never feel comfortable without it being almost entirely enclosed (which I don't like, because I like to be able to see where she is at least). I'm just struggling to find the right kind of stools near me? Most of them are fully enclosed round ones that are huge. I need to have two of them in the cage in order for all the pigs to be happy, because Harley doesn't like sharing with Bri. And, Bri is a large girl (3lbs at 6mo), so she practically takes up an entire regular sized pigloo.

My biggest question is: has anyone found these stools online, if so where? Have you found colorful ones, or just white?
Second, is there something else you guys recommend? Keeping in mind that I have four pigs, and one is already very big and still growing a bit?

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I bought one from amazon.com: Rubbermaid Small Step Stool - 12.2x10x7.1 in
31.1x 25.4x18.1 cm,gray by Rubbermaid (broken link removed)

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I change mine out with weekly change. I have the wooden hideys which always stay in the cage, I have a small vinyl tunnel that is nice because I can wash. Then there is a tunnel make of twig, a tunnel made of straw like, pop 12 pack boxes, whatever to change it up and have fun. Even a big paper bag is all fun until someone pees in it.
I like www.drsfostersmith.com there are tons of things on there and usually pretty reasonable. Heres just a sample of some of the things I got.

CAM00528.jpg

rayvensmoon

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
20140709_083124.jpgThe dollar store is your best friend when it comes to piggy hideys, I have found! The ones pictured are meant to be stacking storage baskets, and I have also used large gift boxes with doors cut out, and other types of storage baskets (as you can see in the background.) I've seen the step-stools as well, in different colours, but find they take up too much room in my cage. Plus my girls like to be able to move their hideys around...we call these ones the "piggy tanks" as when they move them around they look like little cute tanks sliding around the cage, LOL! :)

NewCavyMomma

Cavy Slave
I found big plastic fruit bowls from WalMart.. only $1 a piece.. bought them and cut an opening in it for a door..
Super cheap.. super easy.. fun cute colors & they love them

Rywen

Cavy Slave
My piggies both love this castle hidey I bought on amazon.com: (broken link removed)
(I think theychave the next size up though, mine is red and bigger than that.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.