Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just Saying Hello

gogirl294

Cavy Gazer
Hi!!
Figured that I would introduce myself :)
My name is Samantha, please call me Sam
I have a single, timid male guinea pig named Ginger, but I have a bad relationship with my dad and he lives at my dad's house. At the very least I am planning to make him more comfortable as the tiny cage from PetSmart is NOT a good fit, plus it is incredibly hard to clean.
I am looking for a lot of advice, I need to figure out how to take care of him, so I guess I'll start a very general list of stuff that I will be asking about starting today:
1) Diet (Keeping Costs Down)
2) Cage (Safety)
3) Allergies (I want to have him at my Mom's house)
I look forward to talking with everyone and would adore it if I could get some help.
Oh, also, I really want to help out with other guinea pig stuff (awareness and such) but I have a very limited budget. Some advice on starting a cage/accessories business would also be greatly appreciated :D
Oh, and if you live in Colorado and are looking to order grids, connectors, and cable ties, please let me know so we both can save on shipping using Store Supply Warehouse.
Anyways, that's all for now :D

Attachments

ginger.jpg

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Welcome to this fantastic forum! Ginger is very handsome.

1) Order hay online in bulk from Small Pet Select, KMS Hayloft, Oxbow, or other brands. As an even more inexpensive option, buy whole bales of hay locally. The only downfall to buying bales is storage, and they're typically not as high quality hay. If you can find nice bales locally, you can save a ton of money.

2) Build a C&C cage. You can find directions in this website. I'm not sure what you mean by safety, do you have other pets? If you have other pets you can use wire closet shelving as a sturdy lid.

3) Is your mom allergic to guinea pigs? Or is she allergic to hay? If she's allergic to timothy hay, try orchard grass or bluegrass. If she's allergic to the pigs themselves, some other people might be able to offer advice on dealing with that.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to he forum! Ginger is adorable!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.