Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Bedding & Litter

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
Has anyone tried The All Natural Pet Litter Company litter for your guines pigs?
I've just started using it with kiln dried pine shavings in the girls' litter boxes.
It's an Aussie product made from vermiculite, very soft & absorbent. When it's time for complete change, I will try it on its own in Holly's litter box.

Just wondering though if anyone uses/has used it & what you think of it.

mejika

Cavy Slave
Where do you get it from, oldnewie?

I'm looking into making a kitchen area in my grid cage so would like to hear others' opinions on this too :)

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
I bought it from Countdown (here in NZ). It comes in different sizes but I could only get the 8 litre size here. 1 bag for 2 litterboxes - a bigger bag would be more economical.

You can get it from Petbarn over there. A couple of contact nos: 1800 029 838, or 03 9606 6048. They're based in Victoria. I'm thinking you might be able to get from Coles or Woolworths, too.
So far it's doing well, but because it's mixed with the shavings I'm not really giving it a chance to "shine" on its own, which I'll do next complete change - 3 days, no odour, just spot clean & fluff up daily.

mejika

Cavy Slave
Ok thanks for the info! And sorry, totally didn't notice your were in NZ ;) I will keep an eye out for it :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.