Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Costumes for guinea pigs?

StephsFurries

Cavy Slave
So I've been looking online and I saw these adorable costumes made for guinea pigs. So has anyone done this? What do you think of people who dress up their pigs ( like for photos and short periods)? How do you celebrate Halloween with your piggies?

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
I never got a halloween costume, but I do have a t-shirt for my Pepe and a Santa costume for my Furrybottom. lol I think if it's for short amounts of time and photos it's okay. It's definitely cute!

StephsFurries

Cavy Slave
I never got a halloween costume, but I do have a t-shirt for my Pepe and a Santa costume for my Furrybottom. lol I think if it's for short amounts of time and photos it's okay. It's definitely cute!
Thank you so much! They have these little pumpkin costumes and I just have to have for them! Just wanted to make sure they where OK for them. I'll post pics and put them here when I get them...hey someone should make thread of their pigs dresses up don't you think?

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
What a cute idea @StephsFurries ! I think you should start us off with those pumpkin costumes!

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
I always think, "Wow, those pigs are awfully patient!" because my Odeta would scratch me to bits if I tried to dress her up, and Theo and Bitters would complain constantly. They do let me put little hats on them sometimes, though, and I've put my glasses on them before which looks funny. For Halloween and other holidays we usually just give them a bit of sweet fruit that they don't usually get to eat. (Except for Odeta, she doesn't really like fruit so we just give her cucumber peels.)

StephsFurries

Cavy Slave
Awww... I bet their so cute in their clothes!

StephsFurries

Cavy Slave
I always think, "Wow, those pigs are awfully patient!" because my Odeta would scratch me to bits if I tried to dress her up, and Theo and Bitters would complain constantly. They do let me put little hats on them sometimes, though, and I've put my glasses on them before which looks funny. For Halloween and other holidays we usually just give them a bit of sweet fruit that they don't usually get to eat. (Except for Odeta, she doesn't really like fruit so we just give her cucumber peels.)
haha

CutsieCavies

Cavy Slave
I definetly could never get any of my piggies in a costume, but points to you if you can. I always thought couple themes were cute (Why I named all my piggies in pair names) For example, Bambi+Thumper, ect.

guineapigs411

Cavy Gazer
I think that dressing up your guinea pigs is adorable! I have no idea where to get costumes though so if anyone has any links to some cute costumes please send them to me. Thanks.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
image.jpgimage.jpg

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I'm not a huge fan of body costumes for guinea pigs. I have a couple that I've tried with my pigs but they just look uncomfortable and really didn't enjoy them. Everyone's pigs are different and have different levels of tolerance though. However I love doing hat photoshoots with my girls. I make them little hats out of cardstock which they aren't bothered by because they fall of easy and are practically weightless. My girls are pretty good at having their photos taken :)

gp collage.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

1378325_10202103510620220_1539179709_n.jpg

Nubbin

Cavy Slave
My Nubbin wants to be a chipotle burrito for Halloween!

StephsFurries

Cavy Slave
Wow what dashing piggies! I love the costumes and hats!

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Personally I have never dressed any of my guinea pigs up, however my sister has. For Halloween a few years ago she dressed one of her boys up as a Venusaur (from pokemon) for a quick photo shoot. He sat still for about three photos before she took the flowers off and let him eat some of the celery leaves as a treat (don't worry about the cotton, that was tying the flowers together and was removed with the flowers).

Img_1616.jpg

lisanjake

Cavy Slave
those piggies in the tight body costumes don't look very happy at all :( hats etc in my opinion are okay as they can just shake it off if they don't like it, but I don't personally agree with dressing animals up for our own amusement :(

StephsFurries

Cavy Slave
Wow such cute piggies keep it up!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.