Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions New pig won't eat? (And is very scared)

HenrytheGP

Cavy Gazer
So I got a friend for my guinea pig Henry (the new ones name is Mortimer) and Mortimer is very skittish (obviously) so we are putting the introduction at halt for a few days. I was hoping to do it when cage cleaning day comes up but I don't think I will be able to because he is so scared, he won't eat. He's literally sitting on a pile of lettuce and hay but he won't eat. Every time I look at him he freaks out. You can drop a coin 2 rooms away and he will jump. He doesn't use his hidey either. He just scratches at the wall of the box he's in temporarily. Any tips?

HenrytheGP

Cavy Gazer
Okay so he's using he hidey now and I cuddled him for a bit so maybe that helped ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
You have to give him a month before introducing him. He may be sick and you do not want to pass anything to your other piggy. At least wait 2 weeks if possible.

HenrytheGP

Cavy Gazer
You have to give him a month before introducing him. He may be sick and you do not want to pass anything to your other piggy. At least wait 2 weeks if possible.

I'm 100% sure he's not ill. I didn't get him from a big brand store. He lived in a 1x1 tank his whole life.

Piggiemommy2

Cavy Slave
I put a blanket covering my cage slightly so the front would be covered and the back would be opened because my piggie was scared too and I gave that a few days and than after a few days I would lift the blanket a little each day after until my piggie was better sometimes they need privacy to get used to there new area. Good luck

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.