Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Adopting a guinea pig friend (s). Are these guys "kosher"

Onlyinred

Cavy Slave
I found a 2 guinea pigs that I would like to adopt for friends of my guinea pig. (I don't know if this will show up... https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/35521866)
I emailed the people and they asked for a 50$ donation. They also said that theyre guinea pigs don't need to be quarantined sonce they do that themselves.
I'm low on money but I might be willing to "pay" them the 50 if I knew that I didn't have to quarantine them first.
What do you guys think? Is there anything fishy about these people? Is it normal to donate in order to adopt? Is it normal to just adopt and maybe later you'll donate? The organization is called "empty cages collective".

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto @ThePigAlchemist. Most rescues run on a shoestring budget, with the owners often chipping in hundreds and thousands of their own money to keep the thing going. $50 for a pair of guinea pigs is VERY reasonable, and I'd be delighted to get a pair of pigs for that.

I've never had to quarantine a pig that I got from a legitimate guinea pig rescue.

Onlyinred

Cavy Slave
That's great news you guys.thx so much for the information.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.