Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Coroplast price

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I called the sign shop down the road and they said a sheet if coroplast is almost $50! Is that right? I can't send that much right now on the cage but I got my grids and want to make my new cage!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Try sabicpolymershapes.com -- they've got a store locator on there, and someone will have it cheaper than that.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I just Google it and apparently they are literally down the road from me! Like within minutes. I think it's the main location too. I will call them.

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
Yeah, it's definitely available at a much cheaper price in other places! It's lucky you have it so close, I had to order mine online because no one in any town near me has coroplast. No one had even heard of it. -_-

Photolove3

Cavy Slave
I was in a pinch for coroplast the day before I has to travel with my pigs (6 of them) and it was gonna be like a 14 hour trip so I wanted to build they some small c&c cages for the back of my car that would be a bit bigger than keeping them in a cat carrier or something also so they would have been air flow. And I spent $70 on two 40x60 sheets. It was ridiculous. I buy my cages from this sit because it is cheaper and easier for me.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I called them and they said that price was crazy. She said they sell to Home Depot and Hobby Lobby. She said if I wanted to buy 10 or more she would do $5 each for a 4x8 sheet! I have been contemplating making them and selling them locally via Craigslist and some other sites. I used to sell stuff online a lot so have connections for wholesale and am going to see if I can find some grids cheaper that way. But even at $20 for a pack of them I could profit and people locally could spend the same as they would on a horrible store cage and get one of these!

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
For now I'm gonna get just one sheet to make my own cage while I consider my idea. Is this the right stuff:
(broken link removed)

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
I live in an expensive area so the cheapest I could find was 40$ for a 8x4 ft sheet. Usually people can find it for cheaper. Honestly though if you look at how big of a cage you can build with that then 40$ isn't so bad haha. I built a 2x4 base with a 1x2 loft, ramp and I still have some extra corro. I agree 50$ is too high though...

On a side note, on your grids, are they 9 squares across or 8?

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
5$ for a 8x4 sheet????? So jealous right now lol....

That would be awesome if you could make and sell the cages!!! To be honest 5$ for 8x4 sheets if you buy ten.... I would do that and make however many cages I could with it and even if you decide you don't want to keep making them you could just sell the ones you made with the extra sheets and then be done with it... As well as having some extra money in your pocket haha.

Oh and yes, that's the right stuff. :)

Last edited:

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
That's amazing! I've never seen it that cheap....

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I'm really excited about it. I told my husband and he recognized the name of the place and said he had just spoken to them too at his job. He runs a transportation brokerage and was discussing helping them move some of their freight. I thought that was pretty cool.
I want to go ahead and get the 10 sheets but before I could build any to sell I would need grids too so would have to buy those too. [MENTION=30011]LuvCavysLuvCats[/MENTION] - the grids I have now are 9 squares, they're the ones from Bed Bath & Beyond. They didn't have any in stock at my local store but they ship to your home address and waive shipping if you have them order it from the store.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
@blessedmom Okay good, just checking, the 9 squares are safe. :)

Actually you wouldn't have to purchase grids, some people will buy just the corro base's off of eBay or craigslist. Obviously having a full package is better, as more people will buy that but if you can't find grids at a good price, or if you can't afford to get grids for all the bases, you can still sell just the bases.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.