Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Keeping an eye on piggies!

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
I was thinking today, I think a lot (shocking, I know) :p My guinea pig cage is in my room (because I live with my parents still) and I don't have a tv in my room anymore (due to guinea pig cage expansion) and when i want to watch tv I have to be downstairs, but then I can't see my babies!

And I especially want to watch what goes on when I'm not there because they're going through dominance struggles right now.

I was kinda thinking of getting some kind of video baby monitor at some point in the semi-near future so i can see them.

Am I crazy? :D I probably am :eek:

I was wondering if any of you do this? or something like this? And if there's something you have and recommend?

Tell me I'm not the only crazy person out there! lol

MizzyMiz

Cavy Slave
I haven't done it xD But it sounds like a cool idea, I think it would be fun to watch

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
Right?! I want to know what they do all day!!!

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
Haha I have the same problem as you! I don't have room for a tv anymore, so I have to go out into the living room and watch, but I hate not being around them. :( I was seriously thinking of just buying a mini flat screen with a full motion wall mount lol

But that would be pretty expensive... your idea may be better haha!

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
Yea Maybe! I heard the video monitors are expensive, but i don't think they're as expensive as a tv

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
What if you just bought a cheapo baby monitor that noise only and had it my the cage. Or you could get a video monitor and you can get an app that channels the video to go to your iPhone, iPod, Galaxy, Droid, or Android phone.

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
Hmm that's an idea! I was also thinking of seeing if some kind of cordless webcam would work?

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Yes. its an app for a webcam too!

RoseNRiver0523

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
A cordless camera would work we have them all over our house mostly on the outside but i have an app so that i can see what's going on at my house at all times.

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
A cordless camera would work we have them all over our house mostly on the outside but i have an app so that i can see what's going on at my house at all times.

Oh! How would you get something like that?

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
@YourSoJelly

I dont have a smart phone, does it matter? Can I get it on the computer?

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I think you can hook something or another up on the computer. I don't have a smart phone either but I'm sure if you hooked the two webcams up you could keep a constant eye on them.

R5 plus

Cavy Slave

Wow, expecting trouble? You'll be ready when the gpigs try to implement their plot to take over and RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

RoseNRiver0523

Cavy Slave
Wow, expecting trouble? You'll be ready when the gpigs try to implement their plot to take over and RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Yes, actually lol We live in a good neighborhood but we've had two instances in the five years that we've lived here where we've caught people trying to get into my car and the house. I also have a teenager that has to be home alone sometimes when Im at work and school this way she knows she can't get away with anything ;) Oh and we're prepared for the pig take over! lol

RoseNRiver0523

Cavy Slave
Oh! How would you get something like that?

I know my hubby ordered the cams from newegg.com and then he put whatever it is on my phone so that I can see the cams. He's the techie but I can ask him.....

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
Yes, actually lol We live in a good neighborhood but we've had two instances in the five years that we've lived here where we've caught people trying to get into my car and the house. I also have a teenager that has to be home alone sometimes when Im at work and school this way she knows she can't get away with anything ;) Oh and we're prepared for the pig take over! lol

We also live in a good neighborhood. But we often have people driving up our street looking for the nearest highway (they're looking for the street that runs parallel to ours and miss it). And sometimes people park along the one side of our house and do stuff.

The camera idea is a good one. Might have to consider it ourselves.

Now watching your gpigs with it? That's just creepy! :D (joke)

bibliocavy

Cavy Slave
Interesting idea, Rhino. I've always wondered what trouble our furry friends get up to when we are not around.

bwb31

Cavy Slave
I have a couple of webcams hooked up to my pc (which is in the boys' room) and got an app called "iCam" on my iphone. I can log in any time and see whats going on in the cage. It also has a webpage you can use instead if you dont have a smartphone.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.