Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay I need to know where I can get Timothy hay in the Philippines

Zelli

Cavy Slave
I'm from the Philippines but there aren't many pet stores that sell hay in Makati (almost none) are there any alternative ideas?

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Ordering online might work.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Check horse farms. If hay is suitable for horses, it's probably ok for guinea pigs.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Make sure you never get something called 'haylage' which is something that's fed to horses. I doubt that would be suitable for guinea pigs as it's moist, and quite sweet and a little sticky. I only point that out, because at our stables we just call it 'hay', so they may give you it by mistake.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Oh! Just remembered we have another user from the Philippines!

@claudinehere is from the Philippines, (I think. So so sorry if I'm wrong!), so she might be able to help you locate all the right hay and vets etc!

claudinehere

Cavy Slave
@Princess_Piggie Hey! Sorry it took so long for me to see this. Yes, I am from the Philippines! :) So far I haven't found any good store in Makati that sells hay. Actually, it's SUPER hard to find hay in the Philippines so I get my hay both online and in stores. If you're going to buy online, try (broken link removed) and simply type in timothy hay for guinea pigs. A lot of sellers actually sell them for good prices and they sell those in good quality too (they also sell timothy based pellets, since a lot of feeds being sold in this country are alfalfa based or a mix of grains and seeds, just a tip ;)). As for the stores, I recommend the Sea and Land Pet Shop in Shopwise Cubao, or the several stores in Cartimar. It's easy to see the hay in Cartimar stores because they're all stored in one area. It's also easier to buy from here since hay is available all year round, unlike some pet stores in the Metro Manila area. Gotta warn you though, lots of stores in Cartimar sell live guinea pigs so choose the stores that only sell pet supplies and no live pets!

Zelli

Cavy Slave
Thank you soo much that was really helpful :).

angelo.manipol

Cavy Slave
I'm also from PH. I'm having a hard time finding timothy based pellets. Help. :)

claudinehere

Cavy Slave
Hello @angelo.manipol! I order Timothy hay pellets online! :) I'll DM you the number of a supplier I know. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.