Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior They sure know when it's time to eat!

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I'm sitting across the room and look up at this sad little starving GPig (or so he wants you to think).

It was past normal morning feeding time so as soon as I acknowledged them they sure let me know how hungry they were. "Feed us mommy, we are so hungry. How can you ignore such cute piggies" I swear I could read their minds!

6piggies

Cavy Slave
I feed my girls their dinner of fresh fruits and vegetables every night around the same time and I have a guinea pig that will squeal her head off if I'm more than a few minutes late. Daylight savings time had no effect on her she still knew what time dinner is so I see this sight often. Your piggy is very cute!!!

6GPS7

Cavy Slave
Oh yes, mine seem to be able to tell time or something, because come veggie time, they set off the wheek alarm. Because - they are STARVING woman, don't you know?! lol

miniver

Cavy Slave
I feed them first thing in the morning. Now, every time I turn on the coffee maker, my girls run to the spot where I put their veggie plate and wheek like it's the end of the world.
And it works! The louder they wheek, the faster I slice and dice. I'm a well trained cavy slave. :D

labeadel

Cavy Slave
Mine have been peeking out every single morning too when I finally come out to the living room. Both faces are looking out like "where are you?!" So cute.

Christin Barnes

Cavy Slave
When my pig hears I'm awake he will start wheeking for his breakfast and around dinner time he absolutely shrieks. You would think I hadn't fed him all day but I think he shrieks at anyone who walks by in the hopes they might give him a snack as my dad will bring him some veggies sometimes not knowing about piggies' tricks lol.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Look at those adorable hungry little faces, how can you be so cruel, lol. Mine start wheeking in the morning once they hear me use the upstairs bathroom. If I'm off (their) schedule and try to sleep in they start wheeking every time I roll over in the bed (I keep my bedroom door open). I always wonder where they think I go at night, they see me going up the stairs but they've never been up there.

dani_starr

Cavy Slave
Awwwwwww just look at that precious face! They have their people so well trained ;)

I could just imagine all the piggies sitting in a class learning how to wrap their humans around their little piggy paws. Step one, wheek very loudly any tine you see a person. Step two, when they are a minute late in feeding, be sure to reprimand them with lots of squealing and loud wheeking. If you don't correct this behavior now, it will just get worse. lol

miniver

Cavy Slave
Awwwwwww just look at that precious face! They have their people so well trained ;)

I could just imagine all the piggies sitting in a class learning how to wrap their humans around their little piggy paws. Step one, wheek very loudly any tine you see a person. Step two, when they are a minute late in feeding, be sure to reprimand them with lots of squealing and loud wheeking. If you don't correct this behavior now, it will just get worse. lol

And don't forget step three: "the look". :eek:

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
Look at those adorable hungry little faces, how can you be so cruel, lol. Mine start wheeking in the morning once they hear me use the upstairs bathroom. If I'm off (their) schedule and try to sleep in they start wheeking every time I roll over in the bed (I keep my bedroom door open). I always wonder where they think I go at night, they see me going up the stairs but they've never been up there.
They probably assume you have a huge garden up there and you spend all night pulling weeds and tending the vegetables so they can have their yummy breakfast! In their world we are the bringer of the veggies! It's what they live for so it must be all we do.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
Well tonight was a late dinner (I feed mine 2 x day) so they were really yelling at me when we all got home. I was getting it together and my husband said "did u know Spaz stands up trying to peek out towards the kitchen". I've seen him do so a little but he was really up on his hind legs today! I had some cilantro today and he could smell it and my boys LOVE cilantro. The pic isn't great but the best I could catch. I included one of him standing and one is just another cute one of him against the cage.

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
my 2 know when its time to eat as well
i don't know how they do it but my dog use to be the same when i had her...

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh... I know exactly what you mean, my pigs are in my room, so at 4 in the morning, if I move a little too much un my bed- They sound the alarm. WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK PURR WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK PURR WHEEK

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.