Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Any experience with bonsai trees?

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I got a Chinese elm bonsai tree for Christmas, and I put it in my laundry room for it to enter it's dormancy phase. It went through and came out okay, but now it's turning brown and losing it's leaves. It's too cold to put it outside still (It has to be 50 degrees or warmer) and I'm sure it doesn't like to be inside. It goes dry really fast, so I've been trying to keep it watered.
I haven't been able to find very much good info on the internet. I haven't pruned it yet, because I didn't want to damage it after coming out of dormancy.

Do I just have to wait and hope it will hold out until the weather gets nice, or would pruning it help?

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thank you, @soccerchickgrp5. I didn't know they needed morning sun and afternoon shade. The weather here went from cold and rainy to hot almost overnight, so I put my bonsai out on my front porch. It perked right up, and I'm going to prune it today. It really needs its haircut lol

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
lol your welcome!!! i really didn't know anything so I looked it up :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.