Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Delta's over 8 months!

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
EDIT - Ahh, meant to be "Delta is over 8 months!"

I can not post on her orginal thread, as it is too old but here it is - https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/97850-Two-possible-lethal-white-borns-today

What I was going to post on it was that Delta turned 8 months old 5 days ago and she's doing so well.

I had to take Ron away from her as due to the fact she must have pellets all the time he got obsessed with them and dangerously over weight.

She lives in a 2x3, and has litter trained herself to go in the litter tray - we're sure it's due to smell. She is a very neat and tidy girl. Never does a single pooh outside her litter tray, and always eats up the majority of her food. She weighs 673 grams currently

Her teeth do a good job of grinding each other down - however her front teeth are very extra sharp and pointy but they've never grown too long/have stayed at a normal piggie's tooth length.

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
Yay! She's so cute. So adorable that she's "potty-trained"--I wish my pigs were!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
She's a gorgeous young lady piggie, she sounds super smart and it's great that she's litter trained herself!

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh. Adorable pig! What made you name her Delta? Did it have something to do with her coloring?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh. Adorable pig! What made you name her Delta? Did it have something to do with her coloring?

Delta was the last/4th of her litter to be born, so since Delta is the 4th letter of the greek alphabet it seemed like a good fit - all her sister's names started with "D" as their mum is Darla.

The first born daughter/the other Lethal White was called Dede which means "first born daughter" . Sadly due to the fact she had no front teeth and only four back teeth, as well as internal issue's, Dede only made it too 9 weeks and 4 days old.

Then their sister Dot was called Dot as she has one dark brown dot, and Deka was named Deka just 'cause I liked the name. Dot & Deka were adopted at 6 weeks old to a lovely couple.

I took this picture of beautiful Dede many months ago, she had the cutest little tongue! It was her only way of eating and it never let her down.

AmberCalzone

Cavy Slave
I remember when these little ones were born <3 I'm so happy she is still doing well.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
I'm trying to remember if Delta is blind? I know you were delighted when pairing her with Ron, but I'm wondering how she has adjusted to being separated from him? Is she now back with her mother?

Delta is fully blind & deaf. We do not know how we would be able to put any guinea pigs with her with-out them over-eating on pellets. Her mother has to stay with the herd as it gives Darla safety, she always was very timid and terrified while living with Delta; probably because Delta to her is a "weak" guinea pig and so Darla may have felt that she was always in danger however in the big herd she is doing wonderfully (still timid but not terrified and not living in fear anymore).

Delta has her own routine, she defiantly feels safe in her cage, we do keep it all the same since she doesn't have a buddy to let her know things have changed around.

If there was a way we could put Ron back with her with-out his health being at risk, we would. But Delta needs pellets there 24/7 and Ron has to have a pellet free diet - All of my guineas love pellets so unless there was a way Delta could always have her pellets and her buddy not be able to get to them then she must be on her own for the other's health.

I did try to put her in with the herd. But since Trixie passed away, Gigi has become the boss and she is no where near as sympathetic or kind as Trixie was..she kept attacking (full out "I'm going to kill you" attacking) Delta so I'm not gonna try that ever again while Gigi's in the herd.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh it's so lovely to see Delta growing up so well! I remember when the pups were born. She looks so big now compared to then!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.