Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grooming Mineral Oil vs Coconut Oil vs Olive Oil

• Thread starter cocochanel8pawz
  • Start date

cocochanel8pawz

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone! So I'm steadily realizing water is not working to solely clean my piggies ears. I was just wondering what you guys used to clean your piggies ears? Do you use oil and if so which oil? I am familiar with olive oil for hair and cooking. I'm also familiar with coconut oil as a masking hair treatment (100% virgin of course) and it's amazing! I've heard mineral oil clogs pores but I'm not sure if that is true. I'm just wondering what the safest one is and which you all recommend? Thanks in advance! :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
I use extra virgin organic unrefined coconut oil.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
I use coconut oil. My decision was quite an easy one to make, you just have to know that mineral oil is made from petroleum and coconut oil is made from coconuts. Not to mention cold pressed coconut oil has anti-fungal properties.

cocochanel8pawz

Cavy Gazer
@pinky @Soecara thank you so much for the advice! I had a feeling coconut oil was the safest. and yes i use the 100% virgin pure unrefined organic coconut oil and it works great for many other uses so I would definitely feel comfortable using that. Thanks again! :)

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
I love coconut oil. I used it on Nikki years ago when I first got her and her feet were dry/sore looking (via the advice of this forum). Ever since then, I've been obsessed with it, lol.

cocochanel8pawz

Cavy Gazer
@spy9doc @Nikkipig yes! it's amazing! I just used some of my coconut oil (100% of course) to clean her ears and it did wonders; she had SO much wax. Her black ear may not be fully cleaned though because I can't really see all of the black wax on the black ear, but i could definitely see huge transformation in the white ear. Thanks again for all of your advice! another mission solved! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.