Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Pearls new baby :)

pearlsmom

Cavy Slave
So i posted this past saturday abt having to put pearls baby girl to sleep:( it was very sad but veterinarian said it was for the best and i know it was. Pearl has been searching for her baby and then seeming kinda depressed. So i knew when the time was right i would adopt another companian for Pearl. I regularly look at craigslist and found an add for a mother guinea pig with 6 babies who were 2 weeks old and the father all looking for a new home. I spoke with her and the father was not seperated and now the mother is pregnant again they are pretty sure. I told her if she can keep the babies with mom till at least 3 weeks( the girls) that i would love to have one. She said she was giving them all away today! And already gave two away a few days ago. So .... I didnt know what to do but i really wanted them to stay with their mom buy knew she was giving them all away anyway. So i took the biggest healthiest looking girl:) im soo happy that i was able to give a good home to one:). She is already giving away the mom and dad to seperate homes. I sure hope someone good gets the mother. I wanted her but i didnt want to deal with the stress of another pregnant female. Plus she is "roan" i beleive is what its called so huge chances of babies with problems. The dad is a (silky?) sorry i do not know all my guinea pig breeds but i beleive thats what she called him. And he has very long hair. So my baby may end up with long hair :) i need tons of advice for introducing her to pearl and name ideas. She is black and white:)

Attachments

image.jpg

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Oh my dearie! Look at her! She is the cutest thing ever! I love her coloring! I just want to snuggle her and kiss her!

pinky

Cavy Slave
So i posted this past saturday abt having to put pearls baby girl to sleep:( it was very sad but veterinarian said it was for the best and i know it was. Pearl has been searching for her baby and then seeming kinda depressed. So i knew when the time was right i would adopt another companian for Pearl. I regularly look at craigslist and found an add for a mother guinea pig with 6 babies who were 2 weeks old and the father all looking for a new home. I spoke with her and the father was not seperated and now the mother is pregnant again they are pretty sure. I told her if she can keep the babies with mom till at least 3 weeks( the girls) that i would love to have one. She said she was giving them all away today! And already gave two away a few days ago. So .... I didnt know what to do but i really wanted them to stay with their mom buy knew she was giving them all away anyway. So i took the biggest healthiest looking girl:) im soo happy that i was able to give a good home to one:). She is already giving away the mom and dad to seperate homes. I sure hope someone good gets the mother. I wanted her but i didnt want to deal with the stress of another pregnant female. Plus she is "roan" i beleive is what its called so huge chances of babies with problems. The dad is a (silky?) sorry i do not know all my guinea pig breeds but i beleive thats what she called him. And he has very long hair. So my baby may end up with long hair :) i need tons of advice for introducing her to pearl and name ideas. She is black and white:)

How about Opal, Onyx, Rhinestone, Diamond, Platinum? The baby is adorable! You can put the baby right in with Pearl because she'll probably cry when she's separated from her mother. She might even think the baby is hers and will benefit from having a substitute mom at her young age.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
I second Onyx, because it is the name of a Pokemon :)
Zorra? She's got like a black mask over her face :p The "a" instead of the "o" makes it more feminine :)
Gem, Gemma, Beauty (that was the name of Lafayette's dog), Princess (princesses adore gemstones!), Lady
Just some random ideas. They all coincide with the gem theme though. Beauty works because when you see a diamond, you comment to yourself, "That's a real beauty!". Maybe not just like that, but gimme a little wiggle room :)
Congratulations on your new baby, can't wait to see more pigtures!

NJPKL

Cavy Slave

*melt* what an adorable sweetiepie!!!! Be weary of piggie-nappers! Her ears remind me of Minnie Mouse. :)

pearlsmom

Cavy Slave
How about Opal, Onyx, Rhinestone, Diamond, Platinum? The baby is adorable! You can put the baby right in with Pearl because she'll probably cry when she's separated from her mother. She might even think the baby is hers and will benefit from having a substitute mom at her young age.
Really?! I was wondering if i could do this. She is so small i worry abt pearl hurting her if she is mean. But i have never introduced guinea pigs to each other so i dont know whats normal behavior. What if she bites her? I would love to be able to just put them together cause i was thinking the same thing abt her being soo young

pearlsmom

Cavy Slave
*melt* what an adorable sweetiepie!!!! Be weary of piggie-nappers! Her ears remind me of Minnie Mouse. :)
Haha:) i just told her she looks like a little mouse:) especially if you look at her straight on!

pinky

Cavy Slave
I second Onyx, because it is the name of a Pokemon :)
Zorra? She's got like a black mask over her face :p The "a" instead of the "o" makes it more feminine :)
Gem, Gemma, Beauty (that was the name of Lafayette's dog), Princess (princesses adore gemstones!), Lady
Just some random ideas. They all coincide with the gem theme though. Beauty works because when you see a diamond, you comment to yourself, "That's a real beauty!". Maybe not just like that, but gimme a little wiggle room :)
Congratulations on your new baby, can't wait to see more pigtures!

I LOVE Pokemon. I had guinea pigs named Pikachu and Diglett and still have Raichu & Pichu.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Really?! I was wondering if i could do this. She is so small i worry abt pearl hurting her if she is mean. But i have never introduced guinea pigs to each other so i dont know whats normal behavior. What if she bites her? I would love to be able to just put them together cause i was thinking the same thing abt her being soo young

A mom's instinct is to protect her baby. You can even have other females in the same cage with newborn babies. Just watch to see how they do together but they will probably bond very quickly.

pearlsmom

Cavy Slave
A mom's instinct is to protect her baby. You can even have other females in the same cage with newborn babies. Just watch to see how they do together but they will probably bond very quickly.
Okay thank you so much for the advice :)

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
@pinky I love it too! I've only ever played Silver and Ruby though, still have to look for them soon! They're in with my GameBoy Advance :) I don't particularly like the new DS versions, because some of the magic of the gameplay is taken away. The names are so cute! Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu...love them all! And Digglett...I sure hope they were brown :p

Now you've inspired me! I'm off to go find my games, thanks so much! :D

pearlsmom

Cavy Slave
Okay... I tried it... Pearl"s hair seems all puffed up and she nipped at the baby twice:( should i keep going or seperate?? I keep distracting pearl with food cause its scaring me lol

pinky

Cavy Slave
Okay... I tried it... Pearl"s hair seems all puffed up and she nipped at the baby twice:( should i keep going or seperate?? I keep distracting pearl with food cause its scaring me lol

I'd just keep a close eye. Pearl's probably just not sure about the whole thing yet. Take out the hidey houses and pigloos so the baby can't get trapped. I introduced a 4 week old to an adult and the older one was nervous at first and nipped a few times until she realized the baby meant no harm.

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
Are you following the proper introduction steps? If so I would just wait it out.

pinky

Cavy Slave
@pinky I love it too! I've only ever played Silver and Ruby though, still have to look for them soon! They're in with my GameBoy Advance :) I don't particularly like the new DS versions, because some of the magic of the gameplay is taken away. The names are so cute! Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu...love them all! And Digglett...I sure hope they were brown :p

Now you've inspired me! I'm off to go find my games, thanks so much! :D

My 22 year old son was and still is a Pokemon fan. He still has his Gameboy games and Pokemon cards. He and his friends rediscovered it a couple of years ago and brought out all their old stuff. He likes the originals the best.

pearlsmom

Cavy Slave
I'd just keep a close eye. Pearl's probably just not sure about the whole thing yet. Take out the hidey houses and pigloos so the baby can't get trapped. I introduced a 4 week old to an adult and the older one was nervous at first and nipped a few times until she realized the baby meant no harm.
Okay thank you :)

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Oh yes, I have my cards with me right now! I have a Delcatty ex and two legendaries, Ho-Oh and Arceus! My favorite Pokemon (curse me for not having it) is Milotic, who evolved from Feebas. I'm also quite partial to Mudkip myself, having raised one from level four to a menacing level 93 that can take down even the Pokemon champion, Steven, several times. Of course it has evolved to a Swampert by now, but his name is still Mudkipper ;) I was young and foolish. I got that game from a boy who found it on the sidewalk in fifth grade. He gave it to me. I, being stupid, washed it out with water, but it still works! WOOHOO! I'm in tenth (going into 11th) grade now!

EDIT: My goodness, @pearlsmom, how rude of me! I cut right into your discussion. Good luck with Pearl, and I can't wait to see what you've named the pup! :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
Oh yes, I have my cards with me right now! I have a Delcatty ex and two legendaries, Ho-Oh and Arceus! My favorite Pokemon (curse me for not having it) is Milotic, who evolved from Feebas. I'm also quite partial to Mudkip myself, having raised one from level four to a menacing level 93 that can take down even the Pokemon champion, Steven, several times. Of course it has evolved to a Swampert by now, but his name is still Mudkipper ;) I was young and foolish. I got that game from a boy who found it on the sidewalk in fifth grade. He gave it to me. I, being stupid, washed it out with water, but it still works! WOOHOO! I'm in tenth (going into 11th) grade now!

EDIT: My goodness, @pearlsmom, how rude of me! I cut right into your discussion. Good luck with Pearl, and I can't wait to see what you've named the pup! :)

My son has classical version of Pokemon "Healing" for his ringtone. He had sold a lot of his things at Gamestop but bought them again on eBay and craigslist. He got some gameboy games for free on Freecycle. When my kids were young, they used to have Pokemon card trading at Toys R Us. It was a really fun time. We figured out how to replace the batteries for Gameboy games online so we were able to fix the games that didn't work anymore.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Oh, that's incredible! The Healing sound is playing in my head now :p I really ought to look up the tutorial! I'll check Freecycle soon.
My Internet is about to shut off, goodnight! ;)

pearlsmom

Cavy Slave

EDIT: My goodness, @pearlsmom , how rude of me! I cut right into your discussion. Good luck with Pearl, and I can't wait to see what you've named the pup! :)
haha! No worries:) i dont mind! I will... I have heard lots of cute names and went thru many tonight i find alot i like but they just dont fit her

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.