Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Hair Loss Causes of Self- Barbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helena29

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
1) A message that could have and should have been sent to me privately was made public. The action of making that statement public was hurtful to me. 2) The statement, "And it's obvious that you're pretty much the only one with the dramatic formatting. If you'll just follow the suggestion, we can all move on." is a mean, snarky and disrespectful statement. I absolutely can tell tone online. 3) The quote, "This is NOT up for debate," was very hurtful because capital letters mean yelling. I hope the moderators and users of this forum are aware of that fact. Capital letters mean yelling. 4) "If this continues, we will have to REMOVE all font formatting for everyone. It's quite frankly, highly annoying and is NOT helping you get any messages across" - that is a direct threat!! So, I have been humiliated, yelled at and threatened - all qualities of bullies. But, I'm not calling anyone a bully, please do not misunderstand. I'm saying that there was and is a MUCH NICER way of handling this silly situation. So, no - I will not be posting here anymore. Because I am afraid of the moderators overreacting to something else. I don't deserve to be spoken to this way ... no one does. To conclude, I'm not the one who made a mountain out of molehill ... I'm calmly stating my feelings. I'm explaining how I feel. I hope all readers of this forum realize that I am not the one who humiliated, yelled and threatened someone who was simply trying to help her guinea pig. I still don't understand the logic of the moderators ... if I'm the only one using dramatic formatting, why is the moderating team worried about imitation? The appropriate way of handling this situation would have been to send me a private message asking me to stop using dramatic formatting. Then, if there were a copycat, then send out a public statement asking everyone to stop using dramatic formatting. Which is exactly why I am humiliated, why use me as an example??? What about my feelings? It was unnecessary, hurtful, and embarrassing. I really think the moderating team should just lighten up!!

Note from Section Moderator Canadian Comforts: Please stop highlighting/text coloring constantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
@Helena29
I am terrible sorry you feel attacked its not their intention.

Here is a reason that I hope will help you understand why your highlighting and text color is an issue:
There are many types of reading disabilities, one of which is people who have a hard time reading colored text or text that are highlighted. While it may help you, it leaves some people unable to read what your writing. This can cause headaches even to some (I have a friend online that this happens with). In this thread nearly all you posts either have highlighting or colored text, for such a short thread, it becomes overwhelming for people with issues like this.

Moving on.

If you have an issue with the moderation staff, instead of lashing out, disrupting a thread and hijacking it, contact a different moderator or the administrator, but not with the way you've posted here. Make suggestions on how you felt, for example: I felt insulted and bullied because the moderation on (insert thread url here) did not message me privately about the situation. I would like to suggest for future issues like this, that the moderation staff take a more private approach to it as to not embarrass members.

That would be a much more mature and better way of handling the situation.

I know being told to do things and being told your in the wrong can come off as nasty, rude and hurtful, I work with both moderators and they aren't out to get you, they are just being blunt and trying to maintain the forum for other members with disabilities. If you want to talk about this further, please feel free to private message me or anyone else on our moderation staff.

Again, I am sorry to hear about how upset you are, I know that is not their intention.

EDIT: Cleared up the OP information, I had not read whole thread just the issues at hand.

Last edited:

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I just saw that! LOL. My bad, but I hope she gets what I am trying to say ;)

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
Yeah, me too ;)

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm going to close this thread as the moderation staff talked with CavySpirit and feel this is best.

@(broken link removed)
Please try to understand the moderation staff is not ganging up on you, we just need to think of other people too with your highlights and colored text.

Status
Not open for further replies.