Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Rescues using fleece flippers

CavyEngineer

Cavy Slave
Are there any rescues that use fleece flippers?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I doubt it, unless they're small rescues. The larger rescues that I know about have a once-a-week cleaning schedule, where volunteers come in and clean out the cages. Those use shavings because they make the cage changes so quick.

CavyEngineer

Cavy Slave
The reason I ask is because of have used fleece flippers I would like to donate, if anyone is interested.

J.Bosley

Cavy Slave
@CavyEngineer maybe make a post about it on the classified section! Awfully nice of you. Maybe you can find someone who fosters'

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
Do you not use fleece anymore?

CavyEngineer

Cavy Slave
I use fleece/uhaul liners. The flippers turned out to be a bit more work for me.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
I have a ton of flippers that I don't use anymore either. Same reason, I also use the fleece and uhaul liners.
here is what I did with mine. Take the precut uhaul and put in the flippers and use as potty pads around your cage.
if you have a Sewing machine which I do, Take the precut uhaul in the flippers and sew two times around the perimeter a few inches apart and sew the flipper closed. Now I have a ton of potty pads to use around the cage.
I did this to about 25 fleece flippers. Love having all those potty pads.

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave
I have a ton of flippers that I don't use anymore either. Same reason, I also use the fleece and uhaul liners.
here is what I did with mine. Take the precut uhaul and put in the flippers and use as potty pads around your cage.
if you have a Sewing machine which I do, Take the precut uhaul in the flippers and sew two times around the perimeter a few inches apart and sew the flipper closed. Now I have a ton of potty pads to use around the cage.
I did this to about 25 fleece flippers. Love having all those potty pads.

Hi LoveMyPigs25,
I work with Wheeker's Guinea Pig Rescue in Indiana and we use fleece flippers. :) I sent you a private message. :)

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave
Are there any rescues that use fleece flippers?

CavyEngineer: I know of a rescue that uses fleece flippers. I am sending you a private message now. :)

Nubbin

Cavy Slave
I love my fleece flippers. Best part is that they can be turned over so each set is effectively 2 and saves on washing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.