Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need GP Icon, white

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I could use some help. I need an icon for a guinea pig that matches this style: all white, rounded lines, simple.

This will represent "click here for guinea pigs for adoption" message on the new version of a site where I'm splitting out the zone adoptables into their own site. It will be right after the home page icon. Also this is the exact size needed as well. When hovered over or selected, the background will switch to blue. So, I need white guinea pig image!

Thanks!!

menubar.jpg.jpeg

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Thanks. I'm looking for simple. I have graphic artists I can ask, I just thought maybe a member might want to come up with something for me before I go that route, since we have a lot of talented folks here.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
._. I might have a friend who can help, be back soon

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Is there a preferred size?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just needs to fit the image I referenced. That's the actual size.

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Just needs to fit the image I referenced. That's the actual size.

Mkay, ill try my best, just waiting on a friend of mine to reply,

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
@CavySpirit I got a reply, and I hope they do one you like, and it should be done soon ^^''

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
@CavySpirit I got a reply, and I hope they do one you like, and it should be done soon ^^''

ok! xD So forgive me, but I thought it was cute.. it doesn't look much like a piggy, but I hope you like it! I gave them the.. size (77x74 pixels) and this is what they came up with ^^''guinea pig button.jpg I thought it was cute..

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
Poke the ears up instead of down :) may look more like a piggie. Super cute tho!

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
XD good idea, although I didn't make it, and she left for the night
:/

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
Ah well. At least it gives @CavySpirit an idea of what it looks like. I think it's great.

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Thanks ^^" ill try to get a Vetter one from someone else if she doesbt like it lol

PrincessPiggy

Cavy Slave
I could draw a really simple full-body profile of a piggy, if you wanted.
How soon would you need it? I've got a lot of stuff going on, but I'd try to get to it as soon as possible. :)

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
I could draw a really simple full-body profile of a piggy, if you wanted.
How soon would you need it? I've got a lot of stuff going on, but I'd try to get to it as soon as possible. :)

Yay now people will stop looking at mine :D looking forward to seeing yours! Measurements were 77x72 pixels, and soon as possible im guessing is when she needs it.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
It needs to fit in with the graphic icons I posted. I've contacted my graphic artist. Thanks for trying, I really appreciate it, but this isn't what I'm looking for.

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Np :p I thought it was cute lol

Cavylier

Cavy Slave
@CavySpirit
I know I'm late to this, but I tried my hand at it anyway. Not sure how well the white one with the transparency will show up (it's a .png file). Here you go:
white pig2.png white pig2 on black.png

It's only the silhouette for the icon, (first the original .png image and then against the black so you can see better). I couldn't figure out the background colour shades since there was obviously a slight gradient thing going on, especially in the blue icon. Instead of looking for silhouettes online, I made this one from a picture I took of my own guinea pig so all copyrights belong to me (no royalties, etc.) and you are free to use it for the site if you want.

The width is 80 px for convenience' sake (you can easily resize it in most graphic editing programs, but if you want I can do it for you if you give me the exact size). The height is not much but trying to make it more 'square' -ish made the guinea pig look a bit abnormal... so yeah. Not too high quality; if you zoom in, it pixelates almost immediately so I don't think you will be able to use it if your icons are bigger than 80px and I lost the original un-resized file. :C

It was the simplest silhouette I could come up with and it looks a bit raw edged against the pure black but I think it will look a lot better against the slightly lighter shade of background you have in the other icons.

ETA: If you want a more cartoony one/ more simplistic one, I would be happy to try again. Especially if your graphic artist is going to charge for this, because I won't.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.