Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece colour?

Whispers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hey, I've only ever used plain solid colored fleece and I've fallen in love with some grey and Fluoro coloured patterned fleece. But I'm just wondering if the Fluoro colours for the whole cage will annoy the pigs and if they would rather just normal colours?
Otherwise I'm thinking of using a solid colour just for the floor and patterned for their cozies...
Not sure if I could live with bright colours so close to my face like that all the time :p

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Oh I never thought about that, I've used some crazy patterns with them.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Two types of cones are found in the guinea pigs retina, one for comprehending and seeing red, and the other for green. There are still studies happening to determine what colors pigs can comprehend. I have found my guinea pigs to really like the color green. (Also, where do you buy your fleece from? I see you are in Perth and I have been looking around to see if I can find any cheap fleece :)).

piggielove123

Cavy Slave
I have never thought of that... my piggie liked the pink turtle fleece I had for him the most.

Whispers

Cavy Slave
Haha yeah I haven't found much in nice patterned fleece here in Perth :p ... I get my fleece from spotlight, they're mostly priced at $6 - $20 per metre. I found some fleece throw rugs at ikea that were only $4 each but the only colour was light blue and isn't nice thick or soft fleece. I wish there were better fabric stores here... How about you, where do you get your fleece from?

pinky

Cavy Slave
I noticed my guinea pigs not only react to colors, they also respond to bold print patterns. When I made fleece pads from neon pink and yellow tie dye fleece and put one pad that covered half the cage, they stood near the edge of it but wouldn't walk on it at first. Finally, one touched it with one foot and then slowly stepped on it. I think they weren't sure it it was safe to step on.

piggielove123

Cavy Slave
I noticed my guinea pigs not only react to colors, they also respond to bold print patterns. When I made fleece pads from neon pink and yellow tie dye fleece and put one pad that covered half the cage, they stood near the edge of it but wouldn't walk on it at first. Finally, one touched it with one foot and then slowly stepped on it. I think they weren't sure it it was safe to step on.

That's pretty funny : )

pawner69

Cavy Slave
Well I hope crazy patterns don't hurt their eyes! :eek:hmy: Here is a picture of my newest fleece. They seemed pretty excited when they have bright colors in their cage.

IMG_20130604_190108_083.jpg

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
My piggies love when I get new fleece! They always popcorn right away and investigate their "new" cage. I can't wait to get my new cage liners I ordered :D

@lunarminx, I love that monster fleece! Every monster fleece I've seen is always a dark solid background and has never been that colorful! :)

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Haha yeah I haven't found much in nice patterned fleece here in Perth :p ... I get my fleece from spotlight, they're mostly priced at $6 - $20 per metre. I found some fleece throw rugs at ikea that were only $4 each but the only colour was light blue and isn't nice thick or soft fleece. I wish there were better fabric stores here... How about you, where do you get your fleece from?
I get mine from Spotlight as well, but it costs me a fortune to buy enough for my 2x6. As it's winter now, Kmart has been selling cheap $6 fleece blankets, they have some pretty cool patterns as well. :)

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
My piggies love when I get new fleece! They always popcorn right away and investigate their "new" cage. I can't wait to get my new cage liners I ordered :D

@lunarminx , I love that monster fleece! Every monster fleece I've seen is always a dark solid background and has never been that colorful! :)

Joann's sells it, my grandson picked it out...lol

(broken link removed)

Nessy

Cavy Slave
Fascinating. Mine are in a cage with blue, green and some brown furnishings. I'll try making something red for them being as their eyes can pick that up.

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
fabric.com has a nice selection and a decent price for shipping :)

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Joann's sells it, my grandson picked it out...lol

(broken link removed)
Thanks, I will have to check it out! :D I love colorful fleece like that! :) It's girly, but not too girly for my boys ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.