Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Can't FIND Coro

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave
I can't find coroplast ANYWHERE! I'm not talking 30 bucks a pop. I pay for everything myself and I don't have the money to spend $150 dollars on a guinea pig cage. :| I looked through HomeDepot and saw the right size for $12. But I remembered a long time back my mom and I went to HomeDepot (back when she LET me build a C&C cage. But then she made me tear it down >_> ) and looked everywhere for coroplast/corrugated plastic but no luck, even with help from the store's associates. I've been looking online for shops that have these it's no use. I don't want to order it, shipping and tax (yes, I pay for the item/shipping/tax) is more money out of my pocket (I don't get paid very much, and I have to work for it too). I can't stay on the computer long because it makes me head hurt and I can't stay longer than 10-15 minutes. Is there anyone near me and know where to get it? Phoenix, AZ?

piggielove123

Cavy Slave
Re: Can't FIND IT

Is there a sign shop around? I found some on amazon.com... free shipping if you have an order over $25

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

There's a Sabic Polymershapes outlet in Phoenix -- they should carry it at a good price.

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave

Is there a sign shop around? I found some on amazon.com... free shipping if you have an order over $25

Like this? (broken link removed) If I contact them what do i say?

piggielove123

Cavy Slave
You could call and ask, I looks like they do.

pinky

Cavy Slave
You'd be better off checking the prices at Sabic first to see if it's less expensive. They're a distributor that sells to sign stores.

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave
You'd be better off checking the prices at Sabic first to see if it's less expensive. They're a distributor that sells to sign stores.

Do you know if Sabic has an e-mail I can message? I'll call if I have to but was just wondering if they had an e-mail C:

EDIT: Wooops, I found the e-mail. hehe :D

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave
And to me, looks like (broken link removed) only has 18x24 inch signs. So I guess I'll pass that one. :(

pinky

Cavy Slave
Do you know if Sabic has an e-mail I can message? I'll call if I have to but was just wondering if they had an e-mail C:

EDIT: Wooops, I found the e-mail. hehe :D

If you call them, you might be able to order it by phone and pick it up. Ask them to roll it for you so it'll fit in your car. Someone I know bought 2mm and it was more expensive than the 4mm. Ask for 4mm polypropylene coroplast twinwall.

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave
If you call them, you might be able to order it by phone and pick it up. Ask them to roll it for you so it'll fit in your car. Someone I know bought 2mm and it was more expensive than the 4mm. Ask for 4mm polypropylene coroplast twinwall.

Thank you for the helpful information, pinky! :) My parents don't know I'm asking them because I'm trying to gather all the information and proof how I can make the C&C cage idea work out and easy to get. :)

Thank you everyone!

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave
So I contacted SABIC's Polymershapes...

In my previous thread about coroplast, I contated SABICs. I asked about the size of coroplast I wanted for my guinea pig cage and asked them about the price. They replied and told me that the branch near me will contact me and help me with my request for coroplast. When you fill out the info in order to e-mail them, they make you put your phone number. I don't have a cell phone so I had to put down my home phone. D:
I told them to contact me by e-mail but will they call me?

You see, my mom doesn't want me to have a C&C but I'm trying to GATHER all the info first (not gonna buy it, just wanna see the price). So if they phone my home number and I don't pick it up and my parents do? What do I explain to my parents?
My mom gathered up all the grids that I had and she told me "Next time you go to that rescue you better take these with you. We don't need this crap laying around our house, it's useless and we don't need it. Understand me?" She sounded really annoyed with me and somewhat can't wait for the grids to go. I got really mad and just walked away and I haven't talked to her since. I don't want to talk every again. She complains about the pig being "FatBoy" but she FEEDS him every 2 hours. Then she yells at me when I forget to have him run free-range. She gets rid of my stuff and she doesn't want me to buy "garbage" when she goes out shopping ALL THE TIME and keeps buying things we don't need!! I ask her why she buys it all(stuff we already have and dont need) and she says "It was a good price and it's pretty!" She smiles it off but she can't tell I'm a little annoyed.

Please... any adults? Help me out please?
I don't even know what to do now. She's not even going to give me a chance to even EXPLAIN and I already contacted SABIC's and they'll probably call my home phone? I don't even want to do anything (eat, talk etc) until I figure it out. When I'm mad I just don't talk or eat.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Re: So I contacted SABIC's Polymershapes...

Why don't you call them? Tell them not to call.

Next time instead of a phone number use 123-456-7890. It's what I do when places insist on a number but I don't want to give out my cell.

I think you should talk your parents into a C&C before pricing things, anyway. If they're resistant to the idea, they are going to be that much more so if you're sneaking around behind their back and they find out. Plus you can often find coro for cheap or free from different places, like political campaign offices that have excess signs to get rid of. REALLY cheap to free is a good price and if you can work together on it, I bet you can find the resources to get it super cheap AND it can be a fun project for you guys to do together.

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave

Why don't you call them? Tell them not to call.

Next time instead of a phone number use 123-456-7890. It's what I do when places insist on a number but I don't want to give out my cell.

I think you should talk your parents into a C&C before pricing things, anyway. If they're resistant to the idea, they are going to be that much more so if you're sneaking around behind their back and they find out. Plus you can often find coro for cheap or free from different places, like political campaign offices that have excess signs to get rid of. REALLY cheap to free is a good price and if you can work together on it, I bet you can find the resources to get it super cheap AND it can be a fun project for you guys to do together.

Thank You so much, Paula! :) Good idea on the phone number. And yes, I think I will call them when I get the chance to today. And as far as the "fun project together"... it won't happen. My mom won't even let me EXPLAIN. :( Tried so many ways and tried so hard but she doesn't even care.

lissie

Cavy Slave

Why don't you call the branch near you? You will get your answer much quicker than aiting for them to email or call back.

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave

Why don't you call the branch near you? You will get your answer much quicker than aiting for them to email or call back.

Yes I will sometime today when I'm alone so they won't wonder who I'm talking to. :)

pinky

Cavy Slave

I found the number for my local Sabic by googling it. The person who answered gave me all the information on cost and where to go to pick it up. It was really simple. They didn't ask for any of my info. I was able to order by calling and paying when I went in the first time. Now, I call, order and pay by credit card over the phone and go right to their shipping and receiving area to pick it up. Very simple. Make sure you get a price quote.

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave

[MENTION=15081]pinky[/MENTION] thank you so much for that useful info! :)

Aranel1002

Cavy Slave
When I got my coro from Home Depot, there should be an option online to order it and have it sent to the store. Is that an option for the store near you?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.