Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggie Talk

Greenbean

Cavy Slave
Sorry about my voice, I still have a little cough.
But I can't really explain what my cage is going to be like...so I made a video to show what it looks like. :D

Cage - YouTube

I'm so excited! This weekend is coming so slow though. >.<

cross

Cavy Slave
i love the colors of the grids

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
Aren't those grids a bit short? Grids are 14" tall. IDK. :?:

Glad to know you're getting stuffed figured out though. :)

Greenbean

Cavy Slave
@cross I like the colors too. :D

@CritterLuvva They are pretty tall. I have seen a cage with the same kind of "grids" as those though. :3

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
"objects in this video are larger then they may appear" :D

MissJean

Cavy Slave
People always sound adorable when they're sick. Lol

Good luck with the cage!

jeanne12

Cavy Slave
Hiya My name is Jeanne,In answer to your post.I live in England and my piggies are outside they are in a double cage which is very large an upstairs and a lower level they thrive being outdoors obviously if it wet or cold I cover them up at night time,but I suppose it depends on where in the world you live.I bought 2 guinea's both little girls they were 10 weeks old,but as the weeks went by Sally was putting on weight and then it was obvious that she was pregnant too my supprise and yes they are both girls,but a little boy must've got to her,anyway when she was 15 weeks old she had 2 beautiful pure white with pink eye's babies, which im keeping they are now 3 weeks old.I love watching them they are so entertaining A few years ago I had guinea'swhich I did keep indoors but here in england most guinea's and rabbits are kept outside.:)

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Hiya My name is Jeanne,In answer to your post.I live in England and my piggies are outside they are in a double cage which is very large an upstairs and a lower level they thrive being outdoors obviously if it wet or cold I cover them up at night time,but I suppose it depends on where in the world you live.I bought 2 guinea's both little girls they were 10 weeks old,but as the weeks went by Sally was putting on weight and then it was obvious that she was pregnant too my supprise and yes they are both girls,but a little boy must've got to her,anyway when she was 15 weeks old she had 2 beautiful pure white with pink eye's babies, which im keeping they are now 3 weeks old.I love watching them they are so entertaining A few years ago I had guinea'swhich I did keep indoors but here in england most guinea's and rabbits are kept outside.:)

Have you ever thought about keeping your pigs inside again? It's dangerous for pigs to live outside no matter where you live. Not just the wet or cold, but also animals and people attacking them, bugs infesting their cage and food, heat stroke, thunder and such can scare them, if they are sick you will notice it later. They will also get less attention, because if they were inside, you would pass by the cage and give them pets and such.

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
@jeanne12 I'm just curious as to why you keep your piggies outside? I don't think I've seen anyone on here who does, so no one else would really be able to answer this. Like, what is the benefit to having them outside?

Greenbean

Cavy Slave
@jeanne12

Having pigs outside is quite dangerous, I would get them inside as soon as possible.

jeanne12

Cavy Slave
ILive in England so we don't have the very hot weather you do.I know we all have a choice.same as some countries keep dogs in a pen outside and they never go into a house my dog lives indoors, most animals in the wild live and flourish outside in their normal habitat.it is just us human beings who bring them indoors.I used to keep an avairy which was outside and very very large so the birds had room to fly and live almost as they would in the wild, except they were safe from preditors.Iv had rabbits,cats dogs a pony a parrot koi karp etc which were mainly for my children when they were young.I ve noticed that other parts of the world do things differently. Like ive noticed in USA from the photo's ive seen you don't use hay as the bedding in cages! We do and some people use sawdust as well.I haven't seen any post on here from England?Ive had guinea's before indoors but they didn't seem happy and I also became allergic to the hay in a confined space.They have plenty of room in the large cage and I also have a very large run when its dry and warm.I dont work anymore so Im at home most of the time with them and my little dog:eek:

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
I just couldn't imagine keeping any of my pets outside.
I guess it's selfish of me, but if I'm going to pay for them, I want them to be with me as much as possible. :D

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
she had 2 beautiful pure white with pink eye's babies
Are you sure that they aren't lethal whites?

Also, in many other countries, people don't keep animals inside. "They are animals, they belong outside" is the way of thinking. It's just different standards in different areas. I know that farmers have a hard time having animals in the house around here; that's why dogs are chained outside. It's the way it's always been done, so they keep doing it.

Greenbean

Cavy Slave
Guys, I have some horrible news...
Trinity has a URI. She was supposed to come home with me today, because I got the C&C cage. (Pictures on that later.) I went to my friends house to pick her up, and she explained to me how she had a URI. I feel terrible. I hope she is alright, she is spending tonight at the vet.

The C&C cage came! We gave up looking and just ordered one a while back. But my dad never told me about it...so I had spent so much time staying up all night looking and researching where I could find the things I need. When he told me he ordered one I was so happy I cried! We are setting it up this weekend, to much stuff going on. I might not be back on the thread for a while, so if I suddenly leave, just keep talking without me. But I will be back! I might just be too busy, or worrying about Trinity. I haven't had much time on my hands. Sorry if I don't respond! :(

I would hate to have Bean outside, I couldn't be with her constantly, and I would probably worry about her like crazy!

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry about Trinity! Me and my furry zoo will be praying for a speedy recovery!

Also congrats on the cage! What are you going to do with the one you were trying to build?

Greenbean

Cavy Slave
Well, I might extend the cage a little bit, using those other grid-like things. Make it even bigger!

Thanks, I hope she gets better soon. :(

Greenbean

Cavy Slave
No news yet...I wish I knew how Trinity is doing. I hope she is okay. :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.