Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet What food do I feed

elephant55555

Cavy Slave
I'm getting a guinea pig soon and I was wondering what pellets are best for them. Also what is the best kind of lettuce for them.

thistlewriter

Cavy Slave
My local guinea pig rescue uses Oxbow for pellets. I've heard a lot of good things from Oxbow, so I'd stick with them.

As far as lettuce, I've heard red leaf and green leaf are the best. Some people use romaine, but it may cause bladder stones in some piggies.

elephant55555

Cavy Slave
My local guinea pig rescue uses Oxbow for pellets. I've heard a lot of good things from Oxbow, so I'd stick with them.

As far as lettuce, I've heard red leaf and green leaf are the best. Some people use romaine, but it may cause bladder stones in some piggies.
Thank you! can I feed red leaf and green leaf everyday? Its so hard to find what I should feed and when.

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave

elephant55555

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Here are some links with forum topics for new guinea pig owners:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/113176-Information-for-new-guinea-pig-owners
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/107827-What-NOT-to-do-for-your-guinea-pigs

Basically, guinea pigs should be fed about a cup of fresh veggies daily, the majority of it should be red or green leaf lettuce and it should include a good vitamin C source, such as bell pepper.

Thank you!

elephant55555

Cavy Slave
Thank you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.