Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rest In Peace my Trixie

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My favourite girl Trixie was put to sleep two days ago after many two nights of force feeding for two days every-two hours and Trixie was not poohing for the last 3 days of her life.

She had Lymphoma, and sadly it was rapidly growing, it was under her belly near her stomach which is why it was messing with her gut and stopping the pooh. An Trixie would not have made an operation as sadly she was so un-well.

Some you may know, that Trixie really was my favourite guinea, She was my third guinea, and would have been put down at a month old if I had not taken her. Only 2.5 years old, was spayed 14 weeks ago and while her insides were friable then she did amazingly well and completely recovered - could be due to the Lymphoma starting to happen however we did not know at the time.)

Here is a picture of her taken 4 days ago - she was her happy normal, running around, food munching, bossy self...

We were with her when she took her last breath, and here is a picture of her before went into the vets room

Here are more pictures of my amazing girl..

I did make Trixie a medical thread on GuineaLynx, and am going to post a picture of the lump.

Trixie was the start of Auckland Cavy Care, and inspired me to start the rescue. She is the face of the rescue, and will never be forgotten.

Her herd misses her deeply, however I know she is now no longer in pain and is no longer suffering.

Last edited:

bubbagump

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh, she is so precious. I can see why she was your favorite. Rest in peace little one. :(

Soecara

Cavy Slave
So sad to hear about the loss of Trixie @RodentCuddles you did the best you could for her and she had a wonderful life under your care.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
@RodentCuddles Oh no :( I am so sorry for your loss of Trixie. I think you know you absolutely have given her the best life she could ever possibly have. You're an amazing rescuer and an amazing piggy parent. May you be at peace that Trixie is also in peace over the rainbow bridge, pain free. She was a wonderful sassy adorable thing! You will always have your precious memories of her, and no one can ever take those away! :) <3

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Thank you all. It's so very different with-out her, she was the herd as there would be no herd with-out her..her first ever friend Gigi has taken over the role of leader, although she doesn't seem to be as considerate as Trixie was for while Trixie was a grumpy girl she still knew how to personally treat all of the other guineas and Gigi has yet to learn that.

RuckusMom

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your lost. Hoping for peace during this trying time.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Oh no, I'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP little Trixie, you were well loved and are clearly very missed by all.

janinehunt

Cavy Slave
@RodentCuddles, I am so sorry you lost your Trixie. She was a beautiful girl, and I know she was your favourite. I too lost my favourite girl, Basher, a couple of months ago. It's so sad.

I have often wondered where you get the strength to deal with all the troubling cases you see. But you are such an amazing piggy mother and an inspiration in all the good work you do for the piggies. Bon courage, mon amie.

Mellissa Mae

Cavy Slave
She was a beautiful girl! I lost my Moo last night. Perhaps they are running around together, pop-corning and enjoying hay and veggies. Sorry for you loss. <3

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Loving thoughts your way.

daisy1cow

Cavy Slave
Im so sorry for the loss of that dear little pig.

Look at the life you gave her!!! Look at the life she is giving others because of the rescue you started because of her!! She did not die in vain and her legacy lives on through the rescue.

She will forever hold a special place in your heart.

Rest little one, your struggle is over.

Christin Barnes

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. I totally understand the feeling of how when you have a lot of pets, one always stands out as a favorite. I have a lot of cats and one lives in my room because she has special needs and she is totally my favorite whether I'd like to admit it or not. I don't purposely pick favorites, but there is always an animal that captures my heart in ways that when they're gone makes it all the more painful. You are a great piggy mom so I know your Trixie had the best life she ever could with you. It's always nice to know that your animals aren't suffering anymore but it doesn't really make healing any easier.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
I still don't feel like Trixie is really gone...she was such a huge part of my life, her not being here really does change a whole lot of stuff and I just cant face that.

Luckily, I'm in a much better place than I have been in the past - a couple months ago I was at one of my low points with depression and did try to end my life, I couldn't have dealt with Trixie's death at that point..so maybe she waited until I was in an okay place for I've just started a new school to help with my "problems" and am really starting to get back on track.

She was such a special girl, she really was the herd..and my herd just doesn't seem as magical as it seemed with her there.

7 Awesome Pigs

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry, Trixie is very precious and Pretty
sorry for your loss

Lewis3265

Cavy Slave
She was a beautiful piggy. So sorry for your loss.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.