Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Homemade cage items for bunnies

SmudgeyBunny

Cavy Slave
Hello! I joined this forum to get ideas for a rabbit cage. I don't currently have any piggies, although my daughter is trying very hard to make sure that changes! I have read over the posts about using fleece as bedding and know all about litter training my bunny and all of that good stuff. I was wondering if anyone here had made things such as fleece forests, cuddle cups, or anything like that for their bunnies. I have tons of fleece (I make my own hammocks and cage items for my two rats) that I can use if it is ok for bunnies.

Thanks in advance!

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Heres my cage :)
Hopefully you can get some inspiration.
I do suggest you make it 3 grids wide thought. I ended up taking it down when my big boy got a lot bigger and was having trouble getting up and down the levels, so I made him one big huge play pen.

Attachments

PicsArt_1369530422997.jpg

SmudgeyBunny

Cavy Slave
Heres my cage :)
Hopefully you can get some inspiration.
I do suggest you make it 3 grids wide thought. I ended up taking it down when my big boy got a lot bigger and was having trouble getting up and down the levels, so I made him one big huge play pen.
Awesome cage! I love that your boy is spoiled with pink all over. :) Is he an English lop? That is one of my dream breeds. How many boxes of grids did you use on that cage?

Did you make the cuddle cup yourself? If so, I would love to know the dimensions. I really want to make Smudge one. :)

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Awesome cage! I love that your boy is spoiled with pink all over. :) Is he an English lop? That is one of my dream breeds. How many boxes of grids did you use on that cage?

Yes, he is. He was suppose to be a she and ended up as a he :p It took 2 boxes from sears and 1 box from target so around 55-60 grids.

Here are some updated pictures in his outdoor enclosure.

I did make the cuddle cup myself. The one he's in was a 12 inch I believe and the larger one on the top that he barley fits in now is around 20 inches or 18 I don't remeber with the 5 inch walls. :)

Attachments

jnvcd.jpg njnj.jpg

SmudgeyBunny

Cavy Slave
I could stare at his ears all day. He is lovely. Thanks for your reply!

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.