Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Hurricane Harvey's Hit on Guineas - Can They Swim?

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Hurricane Harvey battered the Texas coast over the weekend leaving Floods in Houston/Galveston and damage all the way to Corpus Christi. As the Category 4 made landfall there was trouble in a tiny neighborhood. Katie and her 6 Guinea Pigs need to leave quickly as flood waters were rising she quickly placed her 6 boars in a large pet store cage so they could quickly go to higher ground when trouble happened. As the water rose it swept away the cage a few hours later a man saw a pet store cage floating in the water and quickly went to inspect the cage to find 4 boars trying to swim while I guess the Dominant one was on top a floating hidey. Humping another piggy I guess showing he was boss of the floating hidey. Anyway can Guinea Pigs naturally swim I have no intention doing this but I have seen Guinea Pigs swim on Youtube Videos but does it stress them out btw i saw this story on a Instagram Story

Last edited:

Cavycraze

Cavy Slave
Hurricane Harvey battered the Texas coast over the weekend leaving Floods in Houston/Galveston and damage all the way to Corpus Christi. As the Category 4 made landfall there was trouble in a tiny neighborhood. Katie and her 2 Guinea Pigs need to leave quickly as flood waters were rising she quickly placed her 6 boars in a large pet store cage so they could quickly go to higher ground when trouble happened. As the water rose it swept away the cage a few hours later a man saw a pet store cage floating in the water and quickly went to inspect the cage to find 4 boars trying to swim while I guess the Dominant one was on top a floating hidey. Humping another piggy I guess showing he was boss of the floating hidey. Anyway can Guinea Pigs naturally swim I have no intention doing this but I have seen Guinea Pigs swim but does it stress them out btw i saw this story on a Instagram Story
They can swim but they shouldn't be purposely placed in the water. It's scary for them and they do not like it. It's their instinct to swim or die.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just an FYI

One of our moderators, bpatters, is in the Houston area.

We are all hoping that everything is well with her and her family.

Cavycraze

Cavy Slave
Just an FYI

Oh my! I hope that she is ok.

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Just an FYI

I know this shouldn't be mentioned but when I got a Warning Msg from bpatters it said Billie I think it might be a man

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I know this shouldn't be mentioned but when I got a Warning Msg from bpatters it said Billie I think it might be a man

You're right, it shouldn't be mentioned.

And bpatters is a she. :) And a wonderful lady with a LOT of guinea pig knowledge that I know I've benefitted from.

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
You're right, it shouldn't be mentioned.

And bpatters is a she. :) And a wonderful lady with a LOT of guinea pig knowledge that I know I've benefitted from.

So who is Billie?

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Well I guess it doesn't matter anymore I better go feed my Guinea Pig its past 8:30

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Check your pm's

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Sadly I can't my Internet is messed up for some reason maybe ill look at it on my phone

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Well anyway all we can do is pray for the souls down in Houston I still wonder if those guinea pigs ever got back

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
That sounds terrible! I feel so bad for those piggies. I hope they're okay.

[MENTION=39923]Guinea2002[/MENTION], if you knew it shouldn't have been mentioned, why did you? It's not nice to say something like that. And the fact that you mentioned a private message was sent to you from bpatters is a big no-no on this forum. They are private for a reason.

Female or male, it doesn't matter. What matters is that bpatters is a very helpful person with an impressive amount of knowledge on guinea pigs. I hope bpatters and the rest of their family is alright. I would hate to have to lose my guinea pigs, of any other family on that matter, due to flooding from a hurricane. I am extremely thankful that I am nowhere near Texas and that my piggie is still with me, safe and happy.

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
That sounds terrible! I feel so bad for those piggies. I hope they're okay.

@Guinea2002, if you knew it shouldn't have been mentioned, why did you? It's not nice to say something like that. And the fact that you mentioned a private message was sent to you from bpatters is a big no-no on this forum. They are private for a reason.

Female or male, it doesn't matter. What matters is that bpatters is a very helpful person with an impressive amount of knowledge on guinea pigs. I hope bpatters and the rest of their family is alright. I would hate to have to lose my guinea pigs, of any other family on that matter, due to flooding from a hurricane. I am extremely thankful that I am nowhere near Texas and that my piggie is still with me, safe and happy.

CavyTV I have already noticed what I did was wrong like 30 minutes ago I don't need one to remind me again Thank You Very much I have already noticed

Cavycraze

Cavy Slave
CavyTV I have already noticed what I did was wrong like 30 minutes ago I don't need one to remind me again Thank You Very much I have already noticed
No need to be rude, they were kind about it

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
No need to be rude, they were kind about it

Yes I know CavyCraze today has been a very long day I wasn't trying to be rude I rather come back a few days later to get over everything else school has gotten to my head maybe after some migraine medicine I'll see everyone on the weekend

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.