Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Good Christmas presents for my piggies

Slamb

Cavy Slave
Hi my name is Stephanie and I have 3 amazing 5-8 month old guinea pigs. My boyfriend and I spoil them as best we can while still keeping them healthy. Christmas is my favorite time of year and I want to give my furbabies a great first Christmas. I already plan on making them a chris tmas tree out of Cucumbers and getting them their own blankets also. Any ideas on some other Christmas presents?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
Fleece stockings stuffed with grass?

Slamb

Cavy Slave
Fleece stockings stuffed with grass?
They're definitely getting their own stockings that I'm going to hang on the outside and top of their cage so they can't reach it. We found some treats today we might get them.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
Aaw lovely!

What about making them some Christmas themed cage hideys? I know that around here at the moment the fabric stores are releasing their Christmas themed materials. You could make them snowflake pattern snuggle sacks and fleecey forests?

Slamb

Cavy Slave
That's a really good idea! I want to do the forests, but I have to get Zip ties to put a section of wire grid on top of what they're cage is now. I make my own toys for them out of piggy safe home products and they love those more than their wooden chew toys so I was thinking of making them some more home.ade toys

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
I can tell you the forests are an absolute favourite with my girls. I spent so much money on pigloos when I first got them, total waste! Fabric strips is where it's at hehe.

Slamb

Cavy Slave
I spent $8 on a wood chew that has a ball on the inside and is challenging to get into and they played with it for a minute or 2. I crumpled up a plain white piece of paper and tossed it in there and they play with it all day

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
Aww so sweet! Maybe purchasing some fancy botanical hay, I know they have seasonal blends, too ;) Maybe some homemade chew decorated like snow flakes?

Shieme

Cavy Slave
Aw, this sounds so sweet! Fleece bedding, xmas theme. A tree wood chew toy, instead of the cucumber because too much can cause soft poops. Hmm... outfits! For pictures.

Maddalynpiggies

Cavy Gazer
Hi Stephanie. My opinion is that if you have playful piggies then definitely go for new toys. It will entertain them forever and keep them all happy. Tunnels are great. All my guinea pigs love to play in the tunnels. Especially when the tunnels are fluffy inside. That makes them feel more comfortable and more likely to play in them. I hope this helps

Slamb

Cavy Slave
Aw, this sounds so sweet! Fleece bedding, xmas theme. A tree wood chew toy, instead of the cucumber because too much can cause soft poops. Hmm... outfits! For pictures.
I crochet so I'm trying to get myself to sit down and make them sweaters. I crocheted a super soft baby blanket and when I got my first 2 it became theirs and it's their favorite bkanket. I just don't want to do too much out of yarn because I made them a hammock and then when I changed their bedding last week I noticed they'd began to take it apart so o took it out immediately and we've been watching them since.

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Aaw lovely!

What about making them some Christmas themed cage hideys? I know that around here at the moment the fabric stores are releasing their Christmas themed materials. You could make them snowflake pattern snuggle sacks and fleecey forests?

These or tunnels, depending on your skill level. There are a lot of DIY videos on youtube that are super helpful. My piggies absolutely ADORE peeking their heads through the fleecey forest and I ordered a fleece tunnel off of Etsy which should be here soon because I am just not that talented. I am making them a snuggle sack though.

Slamb

Cavy Slave
These or tunnels, depending on your skill level. There are a lot of DIY videos on youtube that are super helpful. My piggies absolutely ADORE peeking their heads through the fleecey forest and I ordered a fleece tunnel off of Etsy which should be here soon because I am just not that talented. I am making them a snuggle sack though.
I have some left over fleece that I had to cut off in order to fit their cage that I'm going to use to make snuggle sacks and they'll get them for Christmas. I'm going to buy some foam and put it under the towels in their cage for this winter because they're on a hardwood floor and it gets cold in winter where I live because I want them to stay warm.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I wouldn't put the foam in the cage. The urine will soak through the towels and you'll have real odor problems. Put the foam under the cage if you're going to put it anywhere.

Slamb

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't put the foam in the cage. The urine will soak through the towels and you'll have real odor problems. Put the foam under the cage if you're going to put it anywhere.
It's a c&c cage. The towels are the bottom layer. We don't have corollary under all of the cage yet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.