Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Media Music For Pigs?

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Hey there,

I was just wondering, does anyone else turn on the radio for there pigs? I know it sounds kinda odd, but I have found that my pigs tend to seem more happy, energetic, and playful, when I put on music. It also helps to drown out other loud sounds in the house that would normally frighten them if it were sigh lent.

Thanks,
Sara, Phoenix, And Godric

pandaloki

Cavy Slave
I don't do that. But it makes sense...

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
I actually noticed that music has almost a calming efect on my piggies. I was listening to my Adele CD the other day and I noticed Lizzie came out in the open and layed down and just relaxed. Marie stayed in her little house but she too seemed very relaxed. Them same thing happened yesterday when I was listen to the band Perry.

KD006

Cavy Slave
LOL, off topic but I would play Pink Floyd "animals" for them pig on the wing parts one and two! :)

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Haha, glad to know that I'm not the only one :D

Phoenix: She seems to have a fancy for Skrillex, and dubstep/trance types of stuff.

Godric: She's more inclined to listen to pop, she likes Q102.

xD

KD006

Cavy Slave
really showing my age... Bing Crosby

Or would you like to swing on a star
Carry moonbeams home in a jar
And be better off than you are
Or would you rather be a pig

A pig is an animal with dirt on his face
His shoes are a terrible disgrace
He has no manners when he eats his food
He's fat and lazy and extremely rude
But if you don't care a feather or a fig
You may grow up to be a pig

ChristieB

Cavy Slave
we notice that different music brings out different things in our pigs. Our male is a talker and our female is almost always quiet. If we put on some fun bouncy music (move like jagger was on) she will hold her head up high and start whistling really loud. She was born for clubin'. lol

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I either have the tv going or if I'm not in the room the radio goes on except when I'm sleeping..The girls live in my bedroom were I spend most of my time so I always can talk to them....The room (rodent hideout) as we call where the hamsters (6), rat, and hedgehog are in the radio is always on...

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
I'm so glad someone brought this up! I have played various music for my pigs, and I get some funny reactions. They all like reggae and indie music and will come check out the computer if that is playing.

Anyone have music that their pigs absolutely cannot stand? I secretely hope my pigs would chatter their teeth at country music, but I don't dare put myself through that, even for the sake of experimentation :p

KD006

Cavy Slave
Gawd, that just begs a CW song about piggies, pickup trucks and honkey tonks...

My Piggy ran off with a Bloodhound, took my pickup for a ride, found them down by the roadhouse now my little piggie is going to be a shotgun bride!

KD006

Cavy Slave
Wel in a completly un-double blind experiment I discovered my pig liked the cow sounds in one of the pink floyd 'animals' tracks, had almost no interest in " Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" By Roger Waters, but fell into a deep happy bliss listining to the Indigo Girls self titled album. ;)

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
In the rescue, during the day I play a local Jazz/talk station. Mainly because it's just too quiet in there and the pigs used to freak out when someone went in. This station has lots of talking and different types of jazz. I believe it's helped the pigs not to be so skittish.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
I'm so glad someone brought this up! I have played various music for my pigs, and I get some funny reactions. They all like reggae and indie music and will come check out the computer if that is playing.

Anyone have music that their pigs absolutely cannot stand? I secretely hope my pigs would chatter their teeth at country music, but I don't dare put myself through that, even for the sake of experimentation :p

Check out the link above, ( in post #12) and you will find out what my piggies felt, as well as the other wonderful members I did the "Sounds of Music" experiment with ! I would be very interested to know what you think !:)

JadeRenee

Cavy Slave
I am constantly playing music in my room as well and have found that Stella is a lot more relaxed and less likely to get scared if I have music playing. I mainly play acoustic ish stuff when I'm working on photographs and stuff and she seems to lay in the open and relax with that kind of music. If I play anything a little more dancy, she will sometimes wheek along with it. :)

Buggie_00

Cavy Slave
We have kids so there is always some sort of noise in our house. We don't let them have the TV on all the time but we do let them put on the radio or a CD. Our piggies seem to prefer certain kiddo CDs to others, they like the veggie tales theme song and a few of those but others they cannot stand and start chattering at. They also aren't a fan of people practicing the cello.

KD006

Cavy Slave
Not one creature on earth is favoring people praticing Cello or trombone

Buggie_00

Cavy Slave
Bwah ha ha ha thanks a lot KD006. :) I'll have to tell my cello instructor that. Though at this point in my lessons, I have to agree with you, even I feel like I need earplugs.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Bwah ha ha ha thanks a lot KD006. :) I'll have to tell my cello instructor that. Though at this point in my lessons, I have to agree with you, even I feel like I need earplugs.

WOW, you play the cello ?? Really ? I love the cello...how long have you been taking lessons ? Are you any good ?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.