Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pooper's final resting place.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I couldn't add to his original thread, so I posted it in a new one.

It's taken me far too long to get this done, but it has finally arrived. This is the marker for Poopy's final resting place. I started bawling when I saw it.

Til I see you again, my baby boy......

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It turned out great! You must be so pleased. I'll tell you......there's just nothing like a first love. Chester was my first (this time around) and he will always occupy a special place in my heart. :love:

It DID turn out well. It looks so much better, and is far more fitting for him than the piece of wooden panelling with his name written in Sharpie on it. That patch of grass near the hedge was his favourite place, so it seemed perfect and the marker and stand are protected by the hedge. A peaceful place for him to rest.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What a beautiful marker! I had tears in my eyes when I read the verse on it. Pooper was definitely a blessed little pig to have had such a dedicated owner. What a wonderful tribute to his memory.

You seem like such a kind and caring person. When I read your replies to other members you always seem to know the right thing to say. People come and go on this forum and everyone has something to add but members like you, and a few others that I could mention, just enrich this forum. You make it a pleasure to be here.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kelsie. I think I was the blessed one to have Poopy in my life.

Funny story. Pooper was my son's guinea pig. He came to us one day and said, can I get a guinea pig? And I said NO! You'll get bored with him, won't look after him and I just don't have the time to do it myself.

Pooper joined us three days later, and very quickly became my precious boy, and stayed that way. I NEVER would have known him had I stuck to my guns. I'm so glad I caved. :)

When I reply to other members, I speak as if I was speaking about my own pig. It's the only way I know how. I know how I would feel, so I try to convey that to others, and help them as so many others here have helped me. The people in this forum have saved Sly's life sharing information, and others here have gone even further than that. So I owe a debt that I will repay as often as I can to others who need the information that I've learned and experienced.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That's what we call "paying forward". I think that's why those of us who have been here several years stick around. Most people come and go after they get what they need from the forum. Others get really busy and are not always active, but they tend to return when they need support. Others of us are just happy to share our experiences, our wisdom, and yes, we also continually learn new information.

That's why I'm staying, too. To learn, to share experiences, and to have a camaraderie with like-minded people who share one of my many passions! I often won't post in a thread if I have nothing productive or helpful to add, or I simply just don't know. Sometimes it's just to offer support. And sometimes, I'm just so overloaded with calls that I can't get home, nor use my phone. Yes, I often post on the road from my phone! But I plan on being here for some time to come, and if the day ever comes that I stop posting and disappear entirely, you know I've been hit by a car or truck! :)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
To the best friend I've ever had...

It's been a year. An entire year has passed without you, and it hurts.

Every day, I see your photos. Every day, I pass your grave. Every day, I miss you. I miss you so very, very much that some days the weight is unbearable.

And it hurts.

It hurts so much, the ache in my heart is like nothing I've ever felt, or ever experienced. I have no idea why you touched my soul so much.

I hope you are resting easy, my precious boy. Nothing can ever replace you. One day, I will make my own journey to the Rainbow Bridge to find you.

Then, wherever home is, we can go there. Together.

I love you, Pooper pig. I always will. I miss you, buddy.

They say memories are golden,
Well, that may be true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I've needed you,
And a million times I've cried.
If my love alone could have saved you,
You never could have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place,
Nothing could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway,
And heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to the Rainbow Bridge
And bring you home again.

Our family chain is broken,
Nothing will ever be the same.
But as we're called home, one by one,
The chain will link again.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hi Pammers,

Thank you, I should have gotten his marker done when he passed, he deserved that much.

Poopy was my first as an adult, when I understood what his little life meant. I had a bond with him like I've had with no other. I can't explain it, nor could I do it a disservice to try. I love all my pigs dearly, as you do. The bond with him was very different. I know you feel the same way with Belly, nothing is ever the same after their gone.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Pooper's stone is beautiful. How lovely. I'm sure he's smiling and wheeking with joy as he looks down from the rainbow bridge. Know that he'll always be with you in your heart.

Thank you, Nikkipig. I'm very glad I found the place that makes them, all of my babies from now on will have one. I feel they deserve that much. Someone I know saw it in my side yard and said, "It's nice, but...why?"

My reply was, "If I have to explain it, you would never understand."

He will never leave my heart. One day I'll find him again.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What an absolutely beautiful marker, and an awesome way to remember him :love:. Non guinea pig people just don't get it, they think you're making a big fuss about nothing. Unfortunately for them, they've never known the joy these little balls of fluff can bring to your life. I don't think you ever get over losing a beloved animal just as you never get over losing a beloved human, you just learn to live with it. You've brought back some sad memories for me with this thread, but also some happy and grateful ones. Bless you for loving him and honoring him in such a wonderful way :love:

Thank you Lisa. He was pretty special (although they all are, honestly) and he is very deeply missed by us. I completely agree, some people, for whatever reason, will just never understand, or ever know.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to dredge up sad memories for you. This was just my way of honouring him, in a place that DOES understand what they mean to us. I know the folks here understand.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Gorgeous marker GPP. So much love to you, the boys, and Pooper, forever loved, galloping (guinea pig style) in fields of hay OTR :love::love::love:

Thank you, ZiggyPig. I just know with the personality he had, that he's got lots of new friends at the Rainbow Bridge. He's probably having a blast, walking around making the low pitched, contented noise that he made, and eating whatever tasty treats he can find. Can't wait to go and find him one day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.