Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Uhaul pads no longer available?

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Yea we've seen this before they are probably just out of stock. Don't worry they'll be back.

kanojochan

Cavy Slave
Actually, on this note, I went to a storage facility recently and asked if they sell U-haul pads. They said no, and that U-haul doesn't sell them. Weird.... o_O

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
I have heard the same thing, I went to all our local UHaul stores and non sold them, I actually got weird looks. lol

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I know mine dont sell them but they do rent them. The closest one to me that sells them is 3 hours away.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Last time I bought these furniture pads in store they were in a big box display up front.

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
Oh no lol. I wanted more haul pads...

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
Last time I bought these furniture pads in store they were in a big box display up front.

Yep, for me to. I knew there was a good reason I bought 4 when I picked mine up. i found 2 make a great absorbancy layer under the fleece.

Catalaya

Cavy Slave
Arghh....I went to our local U-Haul today and the guy told me that they are now discontinued and no longer available :( Does anyone know of another good alternative to use?

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
Arghh....I went to our local U-Haul today and the guy told me that they are now discontinued and no longer available :( Does anyone know of another good alternative to use?

WOW, I wonder why.

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I wonder if the quilted ones would work just as well, or if it has to be the denim ones.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Yea because I need something else to use besides towels. I wanted to use those but now I guess I can't.

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
Yea because I need something else to use besides towels. I wanted to use those but now I guess I can't.

I know the feeling. Before I got the Uhaul pads, I was using one layer of doggy pads and one layer of towels which ended up working, but didn't absorb as well as uhaul pads do.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I wonder if a mattress pad topper would work?

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I might try one if these don't come back.

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
I wonder if the quilted ones would work just as well, or if it has to be the denim ones.

I've just done a quick google about quilted movers blankets (uhaul) as I've never seen them over here. It appears they're made of cotton polyester, so aren't absorbent like the ones made of pressed fabrics.
However, in an old thread on this forum, one of the forumers (forgotten name but in 2010) mentioned using it as a top layer if prewashed like fleece. The top layer wicks the pee through into the inner layer.
So although not a solution for an absorbent layer, could be an idea for top layer. Interesting.

I wouldn't imagine uhaul would not ever be available, so as others have suggested could be a temporary out-of-stock problem? Could you find some in maybe hardware stores/paint stores?

oldnewie

Cavy Slave

I've just done a quick google because I've seen quilted movers blankets over here. They're made of cotton polyester, so won't be absorbent like the pressed fabric ones.

However, in an old thread on this forum (2010), a forumer mentions trying it out without fleece as a top layer. If prewashed like fleece the top layer wicks the pee through into the inner layer.
So not much of a solution for absorbency but an interesting idea for a top layer. You could still put fleece on top if you wanted but still need absorbent layer.

I've read about Zorb being a good absorbent layer.

sorry doubled up again I'm doing something wrong

piggydaddy1

Cavy Slave
I've just done a quick google because I've seen quilted movers blankets over here. They're made of cotton polyester, so won't be absorbent like the pressed fabric ones.

However, in an old thread on this forum (2010), a forumer mentions trying it out without fleece as a top layer. If prewashed like fleece the top layer wicks the pee through into the inner layer.
So not much of a solution for absorbency but an interesting idea for a top layer. You could still put fleece on top if you wanted but still need absorbent layer.

I've read about Zorb being a good absorbent layer.

sorry doubled up again I'm doing something wrong

Luckily I have 2 sets of uhaul pads, one that's currently on the cage and a spare set for when it's time to change the dirty fleece and pads.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
If you use fleece flippers, the fleece store sells spare uhaul.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.