Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General How old are they????

kayjobear

Cavy Gazer
This question is most likely impossible but could anyone give me any idea of how old they might be? Bailey is the one with a lighter brown on her face and the cocoa and white one is Nutmeg.. I got them just yesterday and they had been there a couple weeks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

scoottie

Cavy Slave
Based on size they are young but its hard to say exactly how old obviously.

kayjobear

Cavy Gazer
Based on size they are young but its hard to say exactly how old obviously.
would you guess under a year or above?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Way under a year. Probably only a couple of months old.

How much do they weigh? If you don't have a scale, it's one of the most important pieces of equipment you can have for them. Kitchen scales are available for $15 or less.

Also, have you turned them both over to make sure their pertinent parts look alike? If not, separate them IMMEDIATELY. Having a litter too early is very hard on the sow, and beyond that, we never recommend breeding guinea pigs anyway.

kayjobear

Cavy Gazer
Way under a year. Probably only a couple of months old.

How much do they weigh? If you don't have a scale, it's one of the most important pieces of equipment you can have for them. Kitchen scales are available for $15 or less.

Also, have you turned them both over to make sure their pertinent parts look alike? If not, separate them IMMEDIATELY. Having a litter too early is very hard on the sow, and beyond that, we never recommend breeding guinea pigs anyway.
I have a scale but they won't stay on it enough for it to get a reading. I just double checked and yes, they are both females.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Put some sort of bowl on the scale and tare it out. If your scale doesn't have a tare feature, then weigh the bowl, weigh the pig in the bowl, the subtract the weight of the bowl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.