Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners Tips for making fleece liners

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
Those of you that make their own fleece liners, do you have any tips on how to make them.
I have a new sewing machine but I can't get my liners to come out right.
I need tips on
1-how to cut fleece so it come out the right size.
2-how to sew the lines to come out straight when you make the seams all the way around to bind everything together, how do people get such straight lines all the way around the liner?

I have been trying for 6 months now and I don't feel like they are any better than when I started.

thanks

scoottie

Cavy Slave
I know one person who maybe able to help you and that is @Saylavi. Since Saylavi makes liners and sells them on Etsy.

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
I'm making a video (or a couple) on it and will post (at least one video) tonight, want me to like it here when I do?

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
I'm making a video (or a couple) on it and will post (at least one video) tonight, want me to like it here when I do?
Yes please

Nannub

Cavy Slave
I hand make my fleece liners. And I'd like to get a sewing machine because I'm sure you can imagine the struggle it is to hand sew everything. Which one do you recommend for this?

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
Brother XL2600I Sew Advance Sew Affordable 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F7DPEQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_052zwb8KN4ZBV this is the new version of the one I have, which is easy to use and not too expensive, this next one is the "most recommended but I personally don't like digital machines Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Quilting Table, and Hard Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JQM1DE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_g72zwbV9882X3

Nannub

Cavy Slave
Brother XL2600I Sew Advance Sew Affordable 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F7DPEQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_052zwb8KN4ZBV this is the new version of the one I have, which is easy to use and not too expensive, this next one is the "most recommended but I personally don't like digital machines Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Quilting Table, and Hard Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JQM1DE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_g72zwbV9882X3

Thanks! A lot of people recommend the Singer Machines, but right now that's too expensive for me.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
I have the Brother cs6000i. It is a great machine, no problems at all.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
@Saylavi, did you ever get a chance that make a video on liners?

Piggly12

Cavy Slave
Also apparently a ‘walking foot’ helps keep the fleece flat, and stops the top layer from stretching when the normal foot is pushed over it. Also, I find it helpful to lay the fleece on a smooth (wood, stone, anything but carpet floor) surface while cutting it, because carpet can cause the fleece to stretch out when you lay it down, so even if you cut straight on the carpet, the edge will go wiggly when it retracts to its normal size.

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
@Saylavi, did you ever get a chance that make a video on liners?
Yes, I'm sorry it took so long, finals week has me swamped plus the video ended up being 30 min long so I have to split it into 3 and re-edit it

VellaBella

Cavy Slave
Your videos are great, just so you know, and I love your voice. A lot of people on youtube have very jarring voices, but yours is very nice, Saylavi. :)

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
:eek:Thank you
i'll try to have the second up tonight as well, depends on how far I get on my school assignment

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
This actually took me 4 tries to upload, each time taking at least half an hour since it would go 70% of the way before failing https://youtu.be/T1YyABZZS58

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.