Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Can anyone in Indiana area help this piggy?

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
I was browsing through Craigslist when I saw the poor guinea pig in this ad.
(broken link removed)
He has cedar bedding, is being fed hamster food and is being kept in a cage that he can barely turn around in. The usual uneducated owner, I'm sure. They are desperately trying to sell the guinea pig because they can't keep it in their condo. Ad says they are located in Chesterton, Indiana.

Just posting this because my heart broke when I saw this ad and I was hoping maybe someone on the forum would be able to take him in.

pinky

Cavy Slave
If you're concerned about that it won't be rehomed, contact them and suggest they surrender it to a rescue if they can't find someone to take it or adopt it.

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
If you're concerned about that it won't be rehomed, contact them and suggest they surrender it to a rescue if they can't find someone to take it or adopt it.
That's a good idea. I think Critter Corral is pretty full right now, but do you know if they take in private surrenders?Otherwise I was going to recommend they could surrender the pig to Heartland small animal rescue or Wheekers guinea pig rescue.

pinky

Cavy Slave
That's a good idea. I think Critter Corral is pretty full right now, but do you know if they take in private surrenders?Otherwise I was going to recommend they could surrender the pig to Heartland small animal rescue or Wheekers guinea pig rescue.

I would assume most rescues would take them as long as they offer a surrender fee. Give them the names of the rescues and let them decide. You can give them the info for this site to list on the adoptables section, as well.

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave

I am a member of Wheeker's Guinea Pig Rescue. Our director contacted these people last night, but so far we have not gotten a response. :( We will absolutely continue to try though!

cavycrazy1107

Cavy Gazer
I would love him, but I'm already looking at another piggie from a rescue and those are nowhere near me. Let me know what happens though. I need to hear how this turns out.

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave
Nevermind, I got him talked down to $10. Trying to make arrangements to pick this guy up now!

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
I am a member of Wheeker's Guinea Pig Rescue. Our director contacted these people last night, but so far we have not gotten a response. :( We will absolutely continue to try though!
I'm glad you contacted them! I really hope things work out and you are able to rescue this little piggy. Please update the thread with any further developments!

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave
This guy is now safe & in the hands of Wheeker's Guinea Pig Rescue. Our foster picked him up just a little bit ago. She said this guy smells awful and the cage is very, very tiny. Well, never again. He is safe & will never experience that type of 'lifestyle' again. :)

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
This guy is now safe & in the hands of Wheeker's Guinea Pig Rescue. Our foster picked him up just a little bit ago. She said this guy smells awful and the cage is very, very tiny. Well, never again. He is safe & will never experience that type of 'lifestyle' again. :)
I can not tell you how happy this makes me! He is going to live a much better life now! Total rags to riches story! Thank you for everything you and the rest of the folks at Wheekers do to help guinea pigs!

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
So happy to hear he is in good hands now!!! Seeing that tiny cage made my heart break :( that wasn't a cage, that was a carrier! I actually think my cavy carrier is bigger than that cage! I am overjoyed to hear he is in knowledgeable and safe hands!

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave
We will try to get everyone updated photos. :) The foster who has him has had a busy few days, but we'll try to get pics as soon as we can. :)

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave
I can not tell you how happy this makes me! He is going to live a much better life now! Total rags to riches story! Thank you for everything you and the rest of the folks at Wheekers do to help guinea pigs!

Of course! This upset all of us here at the rescue. No way were we not going to at least try. :)

tjanson280

Cavy Slave
I am just about in tears...glad to have a happy smile on face now!

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave
Feenie.jpgFeenie1.jpg Here are a few pictures of this boy (now named "Feenie") with our foster who saved him. :)

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
Adorable! I am so happy he is in good care :)

frillint

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much I would appreciate any help I can get from anyone

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.