Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Two young Male Guinea Pigs, Ontario Canada!

J.Bosley

Cavy Slave
Hi all.
Unfortunately after seeing how large the cage will have to be, my Hubby has decided that he does not want us keeping these beautiful boys. They are around 8 weeks (I think) and were found outside. They now have a clean bill of health and proper food! I will be rehoming them for free with the dog kennel they are in if needed, as well as Oxbow Pellets, a hut, a water bottle and food dish.

I am located in Brantford, Ontario. And am willing to drive and meet or even drop them off.

Attachments

image.jpg

J.Bosley

Cavy Slave
Wahoo! My boys have found a really good home.

And i I am looking into adopting a Male guinea pig with some disease, as he cant live with other piggies. That way we can have a smaller cage. I'm allowed to build up! So hopefully I can figure something out for him, and give him a good home.

Piggylover1982

Cavy Slave
Can I ask how you ended up finding them a home? I have a female who I'm 99% sure is pregnant. We already have 4 guinea pigs so depending on how large her litter is I may have to find homes for some. I'm in Ontario as well, Durham Region and I have no idea the best way to try to find GOOD homes should it become necessary. Secretly hoping it works out so we can keep all the babies :)

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
Wahoo! My boys have found a really good home.

And i I am looking into adopting a Male guinea pig with some disease, as he cant live with other piggies. That way we can have a smaller cage. I'm allowed to build up! So hopefully I can figure something out for him, and give him a good home.

Actually, a single guinea pig needs the same amount of cage space as two. And upper levels don't counts towards square footage.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Ditto @magicpiggie. How large of a cage are you able to have? Guinea pigs aren't good climbers so rat, ferret and chilchilla cages won't work. They need a lot of space on a single level to run laps. I have a single female in a 2x5. I had her in a 2x4 but even that seemed a small space for her. She loves running laps and goes all around the whole cage. Exercise is just as important for them as it is for us.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.