Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Taking in a new pig

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
The rescue I foster for contacted me about a pig they have. They just got her today and she is in surgery at this moment to have an eye removed. It got poked by a wire and was bulging out. They want her to go to a home they trust so they have asked me if I will give her a happy life forever. I will be getting her after she heals from surgery. Exactly how important are proper introductions? I have never done them (before I knew better) and the problem is that the only space I have available for that sort of thing is where their cage is. It takes up the whole room and my house is only 850 square feet so I don't have any other place to do it. All that aside, I'm pretty happy to be getting her.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
I use my bathroom for intros

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Can you do the introduction at the Rescue? That is where all my introductions happen when I adopt a new piggie.

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
I can't take all my pigs to the rescue, and the girl at the rescue is meeting me half way with the pig when the vet gives a clean bill of health. I can probably use the bath tub. I guess I don't fully understand what introductions involve. I thought I had to leave them somewhere for a long time. I will do some reading on it to get all the details but I think a bathroom would work. I am so excited to give this pig a forever home. She just got out of surgery and is starting to come around.

piggy_mom

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
her name is Zayda right? I read about her on facebook. How is she doing? Sorry i'm not much of a help.

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
her name is Zayda right? I read about her on facebook. How is she doing? Sorry i'm not much of a help.
Yes, it's Zayda. She is eating and drinking the last I heard. I was apprehensive taking in another pig but I have the room and Kiwi needs a buddy, since Penelope and Pancake are bonded. I feel like Kiwi is the third wheel.

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
I checked that link out and it says to use a room bigger than the cage. I don't have that available but I might be able to section off part of my bedroom to do the introductions. That information was very helpful.

piggy_slave88

Cavy Slave
I checked that link out and it says to use a room bigger than the cage. I don't have that available but I might be able to section off part of my bedroom to do the introductions. That information was very helpful.

Hi MLT2007, it's the foster who has Zayda. :) We're so happy that you're giving Zayda a home. She is currently recuperating in my room in her snuggle sack. She ate some a bit earlier & she's just taking it easy at the moment. Thank you so much for giving her a forever home where she'll never be neglected again! :D

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
I'll say bathroom again :) tile cleans up easily and even a smallish bathroom has room to roam

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
Hi MLT2007, it's the foster who has Zayda. :) We're so happy that you're giving Zayda a home. She is currently recuperating in my room in her snuggle sack. She ate some a bit earlier & she's just taking it easy at the moment. Thank you so much for giving her a forever home where she'll never be neglected again! :D
I am so glad she is recovering well. I am excited to be getting her! You just reminded me that I need to get more snuggle sacks. The foster pigs love them and I need more in my rotation now that I will have another pig :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.