Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing Help sexing my pups Please

NENGLERT

Cavy Slave
baby 1.jpgbaby 2.jpgbaby 3.jpg
I had an accidental littler and would like an extra opinion on the sexes so that I can prevent any more pregnancies. I think the first pic is a girl but there is a bump at the top that is making me wonder....and I think the other 2 are boys.

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Female, male, and female(?) Need better pics

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
We need clearer pictures. Also look at www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm -- the acid test of a male is whether or not you can extrude a penis when you press just above the genitalia.

NENGLERT

Cavy Slave
I have tried to press but I guess either am not pressing hard enough or pressing in the wrong spot. Getting a pic that is not blurry is hard as they move a ton. The first pic has a "Y" but a bump on the top.. it is small but there..That is what's making me question it

AmberCalzone

Cavy Slave
How old are your babies? The first looks like a girl, but I'd need better photos for the others.
It may help if you have someone else take the photo (if you're not already doing that) ^.^

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Female, male, and female(?) Need better pics
I agree with Melissa, it looks like Female, male, and female(?) clearer pigtures please. Or have someone hold the pig securely and another person gets a good pigture

NENGLERT

Cavy Slave
bb1.jpgbb2.jpgHere are 2 pics of the same piggy.. I will post the others as I get the pics... I hope these are better. I can clearly see the "y" but there is also a bump.. Ugh I am so worried about miss sexing them.. I do not want anymore piggies

NENGLERT

Cavy Slave
gp1.jpggp2.jpgHope these are better Pics!! I believe these are both boys

pinky

Cavy Slave
Do you have an exotic vet nearby? Occasionally, you'll have a female that looks almost like a male because she had a nub. I have one that I couldn't tell. I had to have her examined by a vet to be sure.

NENGLERT

Cavy Slave
ne exotic vet.. I had to get rid of my male because I couldn't get anyone to neuter him :(. I have a vet that will doctor them when needed.

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
I would take a good long look on the cavy spirit sexing page and them to the ridge test on them.

Closer, clear pictures will help as well. Straight on views, no side views. Having another set of hands will help a bunch.

karissaemily

Cavy Slave
It's the i or y test. If it looks like a i it's a boy. A y is a girl the like brown one has a y

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
That doesn't always tell you. If you are new to sexing guinea pig pups, it can be harder then that. The OP needs to be 100% certain about the genders as he stated he doesn't want more babies.

NENGLERT

Cavy Slave
Thank you for your help.. Babies have been properly sexed and separated.. I was able to find wonderful homes for all the babies.. they will be leaving me this week..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.