Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Frustrated This just doesn't make sense

iMariaRainbowz

Cavy Slave
So I have a youtube channel for my guinea pigs that I don't really make videos on anymore because people leave mean comments. So I made a video on cleaning the cage and people are like "Do you ever wash the fleece?!" & "Why is it so dirty?!"
To the first comment, obviously I wash the fleece, because the clean fleece I put in wasn't as dirty as the fleece I took out. It was spotless so it had obviously been washed. And the second comment, well, if you want the full reason as to why it was dirty, it was because it was time to be cleaned! Obviously it was dirty because it was time to clean the cage. Do those people expect me to clean the cage when it is pristine or something?

It's so wierd and I think some people just search for mean things to say and can't stand it if they don't say anything mean.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
So I have a youtube channel for my guinea pigs that I don't really make videos on anymore because people leave mean comments. So I made a video on cleaning the cage and people are like "Do you ever wash the fleece?!" & "Why is it so dirty?!"
To the first comment, obviously I wash the fleece, because the clean fleece I put in wasn't as dirty as the fleece I took out. It was spotless so it had obviously been washed. And the second comment, well, if you want the full reason as to why it was dirty, it was because it was time to be cleaned! Obviously it was dirty because it was time to clean the cage. Do those people expect me to clean the cage when it is pristine or something?

It's so wierd and I think some people just search for mean things to say and can't stand it if they don't say anything mean.
If you're going to post something publicly for people to see, you kind of have to expect that you will get negative (and hopefully, positive) comments. It's very easy to have an opinion on something you have nothing to do with and no stake in. I'd suggest either not worrying about it or, if you find it bothers you way too much, don't post videos for people to comment on.

On a sidenote, I have found that a lot of folks think fleece stays spotless all the time - it just doesn't, in fact, just a few minutes after I put in fresh new, clean fleece, it's usually totally messed up with hay and poop.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
You can turn the comments off. I have a video on YouTube that people tend to leave stupid comments on. I just delete them when I see it. Not worth my time to reply or dwell on it.

iMariaRainbowz

Cavy Slave
Yeah, that happened with me too. They can do a lot of poos so fast. :) And I'm not posting videos anymore, but if I did happen to, not a cage cleaning video.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Some people are just looking for something mean to say and they'll use the first chance they get. And a lot of times they think "Oh it's just an internet comment, no one's gonna care" when in fact, it actually is hurting another person.

I've never had this problem, since no one ever comments on any of my videos, but what I would do is post a comment on your videos and say "I will delete any comment I feel is mean, rude, or inapropriate." It might deter a few people, at least.

iMariaRainbowz

Cavy Slave
Oh yeah good idea. Or you could put it in the description bar.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Yeah, that happened with me too. They can do a lot of poos so fast. :) And I'm not posting videos anymore, but if I did happen to, not a cage cleaning video.
Ha, yeah, I think mine might actually save up for a fresh cage! Aside from how much money fleece saves me in disposable bedding and how great it looks for the first few minutes after I put it down, I really don't like fleece all that much.

As to the comments, I'd either turn the comments off or don't let it bother you when people do comment in a way you don't like. You can't control what people say or do, but you absolutely do control how you let it impact and affect you.

iMariaRainbowz

Cavy Slave
Yeah I didn't like fleece either. I switched to kiln-dried pine shavings and I can get a big bag of Hysorb for $16 that lasts me months and months. So its not too expensive.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I'm considering fleece, but worried about the upkeep of it! LOL! But I really can't afford to constantly be buying bedding since my guys poo everywhere!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.