Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Oxbow or Sweet Meadow?

ih8rttea

Cavy Slave
I noticed that Sweet Meadow Farm sell pellets, and I have been feeding Oxbow to my piggies, but I like to make a more local switch. Has anyone tried the Sweet Meadow Timothy Guinea Pig Pellets?

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I ordered a 50lbs bag of Sweet Meadow pellets and George loves them!

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I switched from Oxbow to Sweet Meadow, my boys like them just as much and it is less expensive for me, win win!

Piglicious

Cavy Slave
when i first got piggies i got sweet meadow and both piggies liked the pellets...i now feed KMS but i'd feed sweet meadow again if i ever needed/wanted to again

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I feed sweet meadow and they are loved by all 6 of my girls. :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
My first choice is KM pellets, followed by Sweet Meadow with Oxbow last. 7 out of my 8 prefer KM. I actually let them sample all three to see which they prefer. I have one that flies over to her food dish when I fill it with pellets. She chows down on KM but if I put one of the others in, she stops in her tracks and doesn't take a bite. I have one that like Sweet Meadow the best.

T_Licious

Cavy Slave
You live in MA, so Sweet Meadow all the way! Less cost, good food, and supporting local agriculture! You can probably find a local pet supply store that sells it so you don't have to pay shipping.

dem1ba

Cavy Slave
As a fellow Western Mass. cavy slave I would love to use Sweet Meadow pellets but have not found it at any pet store or feed store near me. If anyone does please post it. Thanks!

Lord_aperture

Cavy Slave

ih8rttea

Cavy Slave
THANKS EVERYONE! I just bought a huge bag of Oxbow couple of weeks ago, so it'll take awhile to go through. As a Western Mass resident, I surprisingly haven't seen the Sweet Meadow pellets around here, but I always see their hay bags around, especially in Dave's (although I want a larger size, so maybe I'll ask a special order of a 9lb box).

I'm gonna give Amherst Farmer Supply a shot, and if not maybe I can do a special order and see how much it cost at either Dave's or Amherst Farmer Supply (do they do special orders?).

T_Licious

Cavy Slave
It might be cheaper just to have it shipped from Sweet Meadow then. Usually with stores ordering for you they make you buy a case or something equivalent. Shipping shouldn't be too much from across the state. I found it down here in SE CT in a little tiny feed store after calling lots of places.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.