Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds TV Commercial

Field-of-Dreams

Cavy Slave
Did anyone see the Samsung (?) commerical with all the animals barking/meowing/squeaking/whatever in it?

Is it my imagination (he goes by so fast!) or is the piggy that wheeks a CHINCHILLA??

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
It's definitely not a guinea pig, that's for sure! When it came on last night, we went back several times with our Tivo and even did a still trying to figure it out. Thought it looked sort of like a bunny, but not quite, so Chin sounds good to me. It annoys me that they dubbed in the cute wheeks, yet didn't use a real piggy.

emsillly

Cavy Slave
ya i was like hey thats not a piggy- they needed more piggies in the commercial and less cats and dogs

Lord_aperture

Cavy Slave
I saw that with my brother and immediately laughed, when he asked why I pointed out that its not a guinea pig at all, it defiantly a chinchilla that they dubbed with guinea noises.

Good job Samsung.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Commercials, movies, and the like aren't very good at being authentic with their animals noises. As a horse owner, it drives me nuts that they feel the need to dub in whinny sounds almost every time a horse is on screen. Horses are relatively quiet animals and certain don't whinny every time you see them.

Lord_aperture

Cavy Slave
Commercials, movies, and the like aren't very good at being authentic with their animals noises. As a horse owner, it drives me nuts that they feel the need to dub in whinny sounds almost every time a horse is on screen. Horses are relatively quiet animals and certain don't whinny every time you see them.

I know right?
Same thing with rats and mice, every time you see one on screen they are dubbed with cutesy squeaking noises. When in reality they are normally very quite animals and generally only squeak when in there is a dominance tiff or are in distress or pain.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I know right?
Same thing with rats and mice, every time you see one on screen they are dubbed with cutesy squeaking noises. When in reality they are normally very quite animals and generally only squeak when in there is a dominance tiff or are in distress or pain.
Yep, they even did that with the rat in that same Samsung commercial. Whoever made it must not know much about anything beyond cats and dogs, although it's nice to see little critters included, too (albeit totally misrepresented).

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It's just a TV commercial for their phones. They're promoting THEIR product. Not guinea pigs. So why does it matter wither or not they got the sounds right?

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
It doesn't matter in the cosmic scheme of things, but it's sloppy. Seriously, they couldn't figure out what sound goes with what animal? Even a toddler with a See-And-Say can do that.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Well, I feel if Samsung can't even figure out what a guinea pig says then they probably can't make very good phones. /sarcasm

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I beg to differ that @Inle_Rabbit. Yes it's sarcasm, but if you're going to compare their commercial to their phones, you might as well have some knowledge on their phones.

As I said before, they're representing their products. The matching of animal noises has nothing to do with their products. If you're so angry and annoyed by it, instead of complaining and bashing the company about it, you can go contact them.

Lord_aperture

Cavy Slave
I beg to differ that @Inle_Rabbit . Yes it's sarcasm, but if you're going to compare their commercial to their phones, you might as well have some knowledge on their phones.

As I said before, they're representing their products. The matching of animal noises has nothing to do with their products. If you're so angry and annoyed by it, instead of complaining and bashing the company about it, you can go contact them.

Nobody's bashing samsung, just having a laugh how they failed at getting animals noises right and the animal they got wrong happened to be a guinea pig, which is what this forum is about. I mean wasn't even offended by I just found it funny.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I've been trying to find this commercial for like 10 minutes now and i can't. Anyone have a link to it? :p

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Just kidding, found it. Derp.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Well, I for one marched right down to the mobile phone store and returned my Samsung this morning. (Yes, more sarcasm, I actually do own a Samsung and love everything but its abysmal battery life. I've never checked the settings to see if it came with a Chinchilla ring tone; gonna look now because a wheeking phone would be cute.)

Field-of-Dreams

Cavy Slave
It's just a TV commercial for their phones. They're promoting THEIR product. Not guinea pigs. So why does it matter wither or not they got the sounds right?

Um, because it's WRONG???

That's what one of the problems nowadays. When things are done, even if they are not correct, well, that's OK, that's "good enough". No child left behind? Oh, he tried, so that's good enough.

Well, it's not.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
That's what one of the problems nowadays. When things are done, even if they are not correct, well, that's OK, that's "good enough". No child left behind? Oh, he tried, so that's good enough.

@Field-of-Dreams, have you ever read the short story "Harrison Bergerson" by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.? If not, you MUST. It has to be the story, not the movie. It's very short and you can find it online.

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
I just watched it. That's hilarious, and I totally agree @mufasa. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII phone and I'd totally love to have a wheeking ringtone. Anyone asks about it I'll say "didn't you see the samsung commercial?!?! it's a chinchilla..." Too funny.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I can't find it because I fail at the internet and don't own a TV. Sadness.

Field-of-Dreams

Cavy Slave
@Field-of-Dreams , have you ever read the short story "Harrison Bergerson" by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.? If not, you MUST. It has to be the story, not the movie. It's very short and you can find it online.

I couldn't access it here at work (stupid blockers) but did get the synapsis on Wikipedia.

Yup, I see us heading that way!! Just WOW.

I'd totally love to have a wheeking ringtone.

Oh, man, that would be AWESOME! Unless, of course.... it rang at work!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.