Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Nightmares?

ryliem

Cavy Slave
This morning I walked into my room and I saw one of my GP's twitching, but he was obviously asleep. I freaked out and grabbed him, and usually when he's sleeping he will wake up over any little noise, but he didn't wake up as fast as usual. After all that he seemed fine and has been okay the rest of the day.

Do guinea pigs have nightmares? Has anyone else experienced this?

elewis618

Cavy Slave
This morning I walked into my room and I saw one of my GP's twitching, but he was obviously asleep. I freaked out and grabbed him, and usually when he's sleeping he will wake up over any little noise, but he didn't wake up as fast as usual. After all that he seemed fine and has been okay the rest of the day.

Do guinea pigs have nightmares? Has anyone else experienced this?

Could he have mites? I've heard of Guinea pigs twitching and turned out they just had mites when their owners thought they were having seizures. I'd suggest dosing him with 1 drop of Ivermectin behind each ear. If he doesn't have mites it won't hurt him. All 4 of mine have been scratching and twitching like crazy so I just dosed all of them today. You do it once per week for 3 weeks. They have immediately calmed down after using the Ivermectin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I have one who has had dreams somewhat similar to your experience.

She has a stool she loves to flop under and sleep with her eyes half open. There have been a couple times over the years where her eyes will be a little twitchy, along with her body. As soon as she woke up she was back to her normal self. She is perfectly healthy 3.5 year old female.

I think it's likely that it could have been some kind of dream. As long as he continues to behave normally, I wouldn't be too concerned.

ryliem

Cavy Slave
Update: Hes is healthy, and I think it was just a dream. thanks!

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
I imagine them dreaming about extra large salads and a huge field of nothing but grass and dandelions for them to run around and eat :) My boys twitch their ears, nose, and whiskers when they sleep. Maybe they are dreaming about female piggies lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.