Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hiya

Rain Shadow

Cavy Slave
Hi I'm Krissy. I'm a 17 year old girl living in Florida. I'm animal crazy for sure. I've grown up on a dog rescue so I guess its to be expected. Currently I own 12 mice, 3 gerbils, 5 horses, 2 dogs, and tomorrow I'm picking up my first guinea pig.

Logan is a six month old black and white male Abyssinian. He's coming from someone who has to many piggies and Logan is constantly being a little pest trying to get at her females and stressing himself out. So she thought he'd do better in a new home without females.

Here are the pics of him she's provided.

HiyaHiya

I've made him a huge 3 by 4 C&C.. I wasn't able to find Coroplast so until I manage that I'm using a water proof table cloth for my bottom with a tarp underneath. His cage is at the end of the hallway so he will get lots of foot traffic but will still get plenty of attention.

Here is his cage. His fleece is just finishing up its third wash so its not down yet but you can see the basic layout.

Hiya

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just so you know guinea pigs do much better in pairs or groups.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, Logan is very cute!

Rain Shadow

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just so you know guinea pigs do much better in pairs or groups.

Logan doesn't have a companion at his old home. I plan on getting him a friend as soon as I can locate another friend and Logan himself goes through my quarantine period of a month. I have rodents and things like mites I worry about being passed to my mice and gerbils. So in about two months he should have a friend. One month for his quarantine and another month for his buddy.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Just thought I'd give you a heads up a lot of people don't know what their getting into. But you seem to be very well prepared. I think you are gonna be a great piggy parent.

Rain Shadow

Cavy Slave
Just thought I'd give you a heads up a lot of people don't know what their getting into. But you seem to be very well prepared. I think you are gonna be a great piggy parent.

Thank you. I've been researching for about 4 months now. I've been sorta stalking this site and others. I didn't feel comfortable joining until it was certain I was getting Logan

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.