Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Curious as to expanding a 2x4 for two male piggies

PiggyLover4Eves

Cavy Gazer
Hey everyone,
I just bought a 2x4 cage for my two adult male guinea pigs. They have been living separate from each other their whole life except when I take them outside to play. I am worried that the 2x4 cage might be too small especially since they haven't lived together and they are used to living by themselves. I didn't have enough room for a 2x5 but I could expand the other way to possibly make the 2 side bigger to a possible 4x4 or 3x4. Any suggestions? Could I just possibly buy a midwest cage as well and using ramps attach them together so they have even more room?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
As [MENTION=22436]ThePigAlchemist[/MENTION] says, connecting a Midwest to anything can create barriers to running around, and boars need room to run.

A 4x4 would be fantastic, but also harder to clean than a 3x4, unless it's on the floor and you can stand in it. A 3x4 is large enough for two boars.

PiggyLover4Eves

Cavy Gazer
Thank you so much! So if I wanted to expand, should I just get the c and c expansion kit from the guineapigcagesstore or is there another way because the store seems like it only expands the 4 side.

PiggyLover4Eves

Cavy Gazer
Or could I just buy another 2x4 and stagger the cages so that there is a lot of room for them to move. I would cut down a part of the bigger side and attach the second 2x4 to that side with plenty of space.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Sure. That would work.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.