Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Spray bottle for vinegar??

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I just used straight distilled white vinegar to clean my gp's c & c cage. I have gone through spray bottles. I figure vinegar is thicker than water and so it eventually won't spray. What do you use to spray it? Even when I was doing 50/50 mix with water, it still stalled. I use straight vinegar to get the hay stains in her kitchen out better.

Thanks!

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
It won't hurt your hands so just use a bucket/bowl and a rag :)

Coughingcolours

Cavy Slave
I've also been considering a spray bottle for quick, efficient cleaning as needed. (other than weekly cage clean)

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
Ihave a water bottle filled with 1/2 water and vinager solution. I just pour some onto a rag and wipe to cage down

Artista

Cavy Slave
I like spraying it and letting it sit before wiping so I've been trying to pour a little but it never is a little. :/

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
so get a sopping rag and "slop" it on (to let it sit). Vinegar isn't that expensive so you shouldn't have to worry about measuring it out bit by bit. It's okay to let it sit in larger amounts.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Slave
I have something similar to what @ThePigSlave mentioned. It's a heavy duty spray bottle meant for garden chemicals, but I bought it for my vinegar/water solution. It is holding up well and sprays nicely.

KimmiA

Cavy Slave
I used an old spray bottle used for garden chemicals as well. You can find them in any nursery. Never experience any clogs! If you don't want to go out and get a new bottle, you can always run warm water in the nozzle before spraying, to break up the build up :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
Vinegar neutralizes uric acid and hard water deposits so it won't clog a spray bottle. Just the opposite; it will keep the bottle unclogged. You might have a faulty spray bottle. I got mine from the dollar store and have used it for years with no problem.

GeekPrincess

Cavy Slave
I got mine at big lots for a dollar. It hasn't clogged yet. I like using the bottle because I have skin issues and vinegar burns like crazy. So I spray it on, let it sit and go back with chalices on and wipe it up. Super easy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.